W124 now gone, Sniff.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philirv

Car
Mercedes Benz W124 E280 Auto
My W124 is finally gone, sold to the highest bidder who lives in the Shetland Islands.

Presumably over the next few years, that lovely metallic malachite green finish will be gradually replaced by a rust brown one.

Can't help feeling I've made a big mistake, sold a one-off superb motor when I would have been better off keeping it.

Sniff....

Philip

aaaaaw - there there - there's always another day and another car. I'm sure the new owners will love and cherish:D

Does the new owner know about mbclub? Maybe your car will feature again.

I must send the new owner an email, and let them know to stay in touch.

Do we have another devotees from the Shetland Isles, I wonder ?

Philirv said:
I must send the new owner an email, and let them know to stay in touch.

Do we have another devotees from the Shetland Isles, I wonder ?

New car yet???

New signature wanted eh mate. :D

I am totally carless at the moment.

Maybe I'll put my 7 years bicycle up, as it's the only family transport we've got !

It'll be at least 4 weeks before I can post my next motor.

Philirv said:
I am totally carless at the moment.

Maybe I'll put my 7 years bicycle up, as it's the only family transport we've got !

It'll be at least 4 weeks before I can post my next motor.

Do tell, what are you looking for?? :confused:

If all else fails a picture of the bike will suffice. :rock:

Not sure to be honest, Brian.

First car will be a company car. As I will be living in Hiroshima, most likely will be a Mazda, maybe an RX8 :devil:

Second car for the misses will be probably be a yaris or something of that ilk.

If policy will stretch to an MB, I wouldn't mind a new C class estate.

Philip

Greetings from Shetland

Hello Phil and others.

My (your) lovely malachite green W124 is safe and sound in Shetland where it will waft me around in style. Rest assured that it will not turn a rusty red as the snow and icebergs keep corrosion to a minimum. The main problem is dodging the seagull cr*p.

Best wishes from Shetland.

Roy :)

PS a few pix attached to show her in her new home....

Attachments

• merc2.jpg
    merc2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 34
  • merc3.jpg
    merc3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
like the pickies - you might want to brush out the reg plate before posting mind. You can't be too careful.

simonl said:
can't imagine there's much car theft on the shetland islands. :p

Ha Ha, that's a very good point well made. Where yer gonna go? :rolleyes:

I was in Malta a few years ago, talking to this cafe owner I said No one locks their cars/ bikes. He said " this island is only 26 miles long - where's the thief gonna go".

sportyreptile said:

I was in Malta a few years ago, talking to this cafe owner I said No one locks their cars/ bikes. He said " this island is only 26 miles long - where's the thief gonna go".
i've got family in Stornoway (Isle of Lewis). They don't lock their cars either. My wee cousin thought it was funny how i always locked the car when i was over there. :eek: :)

Roy - your pics look really cool - lovely and idyllic.

Great choice of car (and colour too).

I reckon we need an MB meeting up there in the summer :bannana:

K

Thanks

Good thinking - I'll repost the pix minus the plate

sportyreptile said:
like the pickies - you might want to brush out the reg plate before posting mind. You can't be too careful.

You are right - the only car theft is when someone wants to get home when the buses finish late at night - the car is then found next morning. Pinching one and getting it off island would be virtually impossible.

There has been a nasty spate of yobbery in Lerwick over the past year where the Mercedes 3-pointer has been nicked or damaged on many of teh local cars parked outside overnight.

Electrification of the badge with about 3 million volts is the answer....

sportyreptile said:

It looked fairly idyllic today, but 3 weeks ago I was snowed in for 3 days with six foot drifts round the house!

An MB meeting sounds great, but why not come up for the Shetland Classic Motor Show 5/6th June.

Check out the website at http://www.tay-cad.ltd.uk/scms2004/

You haven't enjoyed motoring until you've driven our roads - I commute 16 miles each way - it takes me a good 25 minutes during the rush 'hour'. We have excellent roads thanks to the oil revenues - traffic is minimal and outside of commuting times you can enjoy the open road in its true sense with very little other traffic. I used to thrash up and down the M1, 6, 4 and 62 and find Shetland motoring so relaxing.

Come and try it yourself.

Regards

Roy

Kinky said:
Roy - your pics look really cool - lovely and idyllic.

Great choice of car (and colour too).

K

Ohhhhh - I feel a holiday coming on .......

What are accommodation costs like for a decent quality hotel/room?

K

Kinky said:

K
I feel a Scottish GTG coming :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom