W124 NS/ Passenger side Wing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
Must be genuine, it’s only being fitted to replace a totally rust free but aftermarket wing that’s on the car.
Ideally a new one that someone’s bought but never got round to fitting.

akash Good luck they do come up, but it can take ages . Best to buy from the Mercedes dealers . But pick the new one up yourself if you can, ,, and take a good look at the material in the turnover in the wheel arch before purchaseing . They have cut them down on the new wings and if you use mud flaps,, you wont have enough material to fix to . I was only luck that i found a genuine MB near side wing for mine secondhand, it was mint and all i had to do was just bolt it on .

akash Good luck they do come up, but it can take ages . Best to buy from the Mercedes dealers . But pick the new one up yourself if you can, ,, and take a good look at the material in the turnover in the wheel arch before purchaseing . They have cut them down on the new wings and if you use mud flaps,, you wont have enough material to fix to . I was only luck that i found a genuine MB near side wing for mine secondhand, it was mint and all i had to do was just bolt it on .
I’m struggling to find one, am happy to pay the £200 or so from Merc, just concerned about the mudflaps not fitting. Could you elaborate please.

I know the passenger side is available from Mercedes UK, I ended up buying 2 genuine used, no rust wings from Jasmine, bit of a greedy sod but shes got lots of W124 parts, this is her number 07787410615

Aka Yes mine is the fist batch of the W124 made ,,and the mud flaps were fitted to the flat part of the wing arch .The ones fitted to my car are held on with self taping screws .And for others pondering over this , its how it came from the dealers so i had to do the same to hold the old flaps to the used wings that i used. Now new wings are made for the second batch of cars and the material in the arch where you fit the flap to is about 1/4 inch wide .Not enough material in there to put a hole to screw to.

Aka Yes mine is the fist batch of the W124 made ,,and the mud flaps were fitted to the flat part of the wing arch .The ones fitted to my car are held on with self taping screws .And for others pondering over this , its how it came from the dealers so i had to do the same to hold the old flaps to the used wings that i used. Now new wings are made for the second batch of cars and the material in the arch where you fit the flap to is about 1/4 inch wide .Not enough material in there to put a hole to screw to.
Thanks, that’s what I needed to know. Mine is a 1994 so with the cladding, from what you’ve said the mudflaps shouldn't be a problem. I’ll order one up from Merc.

I think you will find that the new wings will be on special order from Germany .The new one i had was .But when i saw there was now way to fit the mud flap i returned it. And the other thing was no Mercedes star stamp . You will be ok,, you have the new model and the clading covers the bottom of the wing . . And then its getting them delivered without couriers damaging them. Lets us know how you get on .Ask the paint shop to give the back of the wings a good coat of spray on schults under body coating .And also waxyoil them onece you have when the car is at home. See when you fit the wings yourself you can treat the chassis after old wing is removed .This is what you will need to ask the garage thats doing the job for you to do .Point to look at for is the bumper location bolt bottom right drivers wing picture .Reason is i cought mine just in time i found surface rust in there so i had to go down to bear matal and then use a rust converter . Last picture is the passengers side before painting it .Had problem with paint match on driver side .Might get it done some dat soon we will see .It had to many metalic paarticals in the paint .

Attachments

• C9hF6Fd.jpg
    C9hF6Fd.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC04408.JPG
    DSC04408.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC04376.JPG
    DSC04376.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC05940.JPG
    DSC05940.JPG