W124 Only forum?

W124 Only Site ?

• Yes

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 56 57.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Charles is one of the good guys...and when he wrote that he was a 124 owner. He has a very nice collection of cars...so, perchance, not a pigeon fancier.

I think the satirical wit was lost on Snilrak.

Perhaps Charles' was correct with the first line of his post.

Perhaps Charles' was correct with the first line of his post.

I do that about C classes. Actually, I am a boring &*%^ so he's probably right.

I've seen the 124 forum. Wish them all the best with setting it up. They are now getting rare and descending slowly into classic cardom so its not IMHO a bad thing.

W124's are brilliant cars. they really do represent German and Mercedes engineering at their finest. They are comfortable and practical the cars and no other model comes close.
Just how brilliant do they look with certain wheel combinations? They are so easy to maintain. You can run them as a daily driver, they will keep their value, they are economical with brilliant suspension. Lets face it, only the discerning really choose to buy them.
The multivalve diesel is just fantastic, you can run on cooking oil.
The W124 was Bruno Sacco's finest design.
You only have to ask The Boss to tell you how valuable a pre-facelift convertible that sits in the garage is, etc etc etc

On a serious note,

Are you suggesting any of that wasn't fact :mad: ;)

Now of course I have sold my W124 and got a W210, I think it would be a great idea to have a W124 forum, because then we 210 owners can then bang on about how much better are 210s are, faster, more economical, less rusty in the important places, more room for releasing racing pigeons, even better on veg oil, more room for even bigger wheels and much better body kit.

It must be said, very little of that goes on here!

Last edited:
imbck666 said:
Hi all,

In the UK we have many dedicated "merc" forum sites and one of the best ive seen so far is this one.
However, I have not yet come across a single "W124" Forum site where members can discuss only their W124 with a portal of just w124 repair guides etc...
So...
Ive come up with an idea to design a dedicated site for only W124 Mercs
listing pictures, repair guides, how'to's, general w124 chat, W124 videos and W124 meet ups.

Just want to find out everyones opinion about this and if anyone has any good ideas to implement for me.

Thanks all :)

What about w203 dedicated forum,would be nice wouldn't it

I am in favour of having catagories for specific car ranges ie 124

Time is a valuable commodity, and I could go immediately to that section of the forum (which is my interest) and not have to waste time wading through
other stuff, which often leads me off on a tangent, due to my inquisitive mind.

As mentioned before there used to be a 124 Coupe & Cabriolet forum a few years back, while it didn't satisfy all cravings MB it sure was a neat way to go straight to what you were looking for (generally) and to get to know other 124 owners...

A model specific forum will never be all things Merc like this forum is currently, but then again it is not supposed to be is it...??

Some forums are not "model specific " but have dedicated model sections. Perhaps that would meet many of the requirements without narrowing the overall forum base. :dk: A "single model" specific forum would be far too restrictive :eek: since there are many general Mercedes and motoring issue topics that cover most forum members whatever model they own. One example of a US based forum organised on model lines would be http://www.benzworld.org/forums/ but in the case of this particular forum the maxim "if it ain't broke- don't fix it " --might apply? :thumb:

The main reason I decided to put together a W124 specific forum was to consolidate information. I have spent countless hours looking through forums for W124 specific answers. There is so much info out there that it can get confusing, especially for new owners. This site and a couple of others have excellent advice along with a great community spirit. Which made me believe an additional reference source could be beneficial to all

although I own 2 W124s, i voted no. too much cross over to other models will get stuck inside W124 (and visa versa) which will be missed by people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom