W124 Orthopaedic seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hitt

Car
W164 ML320 CDI Edition 10
Does anyone have any idea how to rig up the Orthopaedic seats in a W124 CE?

I recently purchased a new leather interior and fitted it all yesterday.
The seat has 2x 2pin electrical connections and 2 vacuum pipes plus an additional 4 pin electrical plug.

The 2 pin black plug is for the seatbelts
1 of the vacuum pipes is for the seat locking mechanism

Then there is a 2 pin red plug (this is also on the other non Orthopaedic seat?)
Then the 4 pin plug (attached to a bracket under the seat, again this is also on the non-Orthopaedic seat too)

finally there appears to be an additional vacuum hose which leads to the Orthopaedic seat controls.

Hope I have confused you all with my description.

any help would be greatly valued.

Thanks! :D

Hopefully someone with an EPC will come along soon with a diagram for you.

Sounds to me like at the very least you will need some new bits and pieces like a wiring harness to the seats and doorcards and perhaps some more tubing to attach to the vacuum pump .

Are the seats also heated perhaps?

Hopefully it wont all be too exbenzive. :eek:

i can tell you the 2 pin red plug is for the heater in the seats. few months back i changed the 2 front seats for identical heated front seats hoping to wire it up but quite frankly is too much hassle and money so i left it but they had the 2 pin red plugs on the brackets.

Hi what colour wires are on the red connectors, I think the those are usually sensors for the air bag pressure pads, the orthapedic seats need the reevent central locking pump because this operates them, Regards Linds

LINDS HANSON said:
Hi what colour wires are on the red connectors, I think the those are usually sensors for the air bag pressure pads, the orthapedic seats need the reevent central locking pump because this operates them, Regards Linds

Thanks for the guidance. When I purchased the seats the guy did mention that there were connectors for the airbags under there. So assuming those are the red ones (the red ones look identical to the black seat belt ones) then could the 4 pin connector be for heated seats :D

Considering the weather that leather sure is feeling cold!! I could sure do with the seats being heated . . that would be a bonus!! :bannana:

Thanks again!

oh and any idea where I can get some suitable pipe to route from the pump to the seat? Either original or possibley a good alternative?

Last edited:
Hi , the seat heaters usually have brown and blue wires on there connection in a black connector, If you find a Benz or VW/Audi in the breakers just rob the central locking plastic pipewoprk and rubber elbows this is what is used on the Orthi seats anyhow. Cheers Linds

You will still need the CDL pump for Orthi seats though as it as extra connections and plumbing for operating the seats, otherwise the doors will lock/unlock everytime you want your **** squeezing! The heated seats also need the timer unit idealy as the switch as a super heat postion and then cuts down after 5mins to normal heat. You could wire up to normal relays but be carefull to not leave on if you are not in the car as the leather would be fried! Did you buy the LHD seats on Ebay? Cheers Linds

OK thanks for the info. Any chance you could expand on what a CDL pump is?

And yes I did get the seat from ebay. They are in excellent condition, black leather and even the wood trim in the door cards matches my car! I'm surprised I was the only one bidding on them . . some days just go your way :bannana:

Hi the Central Door Locking pump this is what pumps up the seat bladders it looks like the existing pump but as extra air valves to control the seats Cheers Linds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom