W124 Outside temperature gauge problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jazzdude

Car
Mercedes W124 320ce Cabriolet
When I recently bought this car the outside temperature gauge was always showing a temperature at least 10 degrees lower than it should be.

It then stopped showing anything at all, but occasionally would come back on showing a temperature 20 degrees higher.

I just changed the wire from the front of the car to the fuse box and now I am still not getting a reading.

Do I now need a screen unit too or is it something else?

Is it possible that there is a connection from the fusebox to the rear of the instrument console that can be checked too?

When I recently bought this car the outside temperature gauge was always showing a temperature at least 10 degrees lower than it should be.

It then stopped showing anything at all, but occasionally would come back on showing a temperature 20 degrees higher.

I just changed the wire from the front of the car to the fuse box and now I am still not getting a reading.

Do I now need a screen unit too or is it something else?

I have the 10 degrees lower than actual temperature situation also. Good news is that it is always exactly 10 degrees out and as I'm the only one who ever really sees it I've been happy to leave it rather than try to fix it. Your problem sounds a bit more complicated.

I'll watch this thread to see if you come up with any conclusive fix.

Had a similar issue with my car, cured with a new outside temp sensor part no. A0015422618, £39.99 from Euromerc. I had to replace the plug with the one from the old sensor and shorten the cable as it was way too long but has been working fine for over a year now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom