w124 pedal update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
The pedals in the w124 look similar to the w202, so I ordered the evolution pedals on behalf of Antony for his w124.

1. Stock!

w124pedals1.jpg

2. Shiny new pedals.

w124pedals2.jpg

3. Pull all the rubber covers off, and swap with the new ones. The gas pedal isn't the same design as the w202/r170 etc, but the rubber cover is, so I split the cover from the plastic pedal back and slipped it onto the bare w124 pedal, fits like original but with a centimetre gap at the bottom. Still all looks nice though! :)

w124pedals3.jpg

4. Smart huh?

w124pedals4.jpg

5. Those of you that have seen me fit these pedals before will recognise this pic:

w124pedals5.jpg

6. You may also remember that I needed at least one of these last time I did this, today was no exception! Have a packet of these on stand-by if you try this mod!

plasters.jpg

Originally posted by Shude

....you may also remember that I needed at least one of these last time I did this, today was no exception! Have a packet of these on stand-by if you try this mod!

plasters.jpg

Shude - I need a packet of those when attempting most mods ! Agree that this one can be particularly "painful" though ! I have to have a break of 1 or 2 weeks in between mods now to let my hands recover !!! :D

Nice work on the W124 - looks great !!

So excuse for asking as I am a newbie, are these pedal mods purely a replacement rubber not the actual steel of the pedal ?

How much are these items and how much for the chrome gear selector surround, looks cool to me.

Andy

Part numbers as follows :-

Gas pedal A 170 300 00 04 £7.19 + VAT
Brake A 170 290 01 82 £6.56 + VAT
Parking brake A 230 430 00 84 £3.51 + VAT

Chrome Shift Surround A 170 267 02 88 £5.04 inc VAT

The Brake & Parking Brake pedals are just the replacement rubbers, The Gas pedal is the entire assembly.

Do a Search for "Alloy Pedals" to find the fitting instructions.

Notice the stock brake pedal above? See how it is all worn on the right hand side and the rest of the pedal is untouched?

Looks like the result of lazy braking by moving the foot partially from the gas pedal just enough to touch the brake.

Is this a common trait of all automatics?

--
Antony

Originally posted by RichardM
Are these available for all models (such as mine :) )?
we are using the same pedals for each car, almost universal fit :)

Please can you take some detailed pics of your current pedals so I can tell if the evolution ones will fit...

They look like this, is that close enough for you to tell?

pedals.jpg

pedal2.jpg

Last edited:
at that price won't matter if they don't fit, well apart from my disappointment at not being able to have them!

Originally posted by RichardM
at that price won't matter if they don't fit, well apart from my disappointment at not being able to have them!
You have a 124* parking brake pedal rubber and a 123* brake pedal rubber, they will fit 100%. The gas pedal rubber looks a bit like the one from the w124, not exactly the same as the 129* pedal that comes in the w202, r129, r170, w210 etc, but it could still be fitted in the same way as I fitted Antony's. Just pull the rubber off both items and swap :)

I want to see pics of the result! :)

That gas pedal looks the same as mine.

Its a diferent pedal , but , the rubber comes off and can be exchanged for the metal one.

Originally posted by sym
Part numbers as follows :-

Gas pedal A 170 300 00 04 £7.19 + VAT
Brake A 170 290 01 82 £6.56 + VAT
Parking brake A 230 430 00 84 £3.51 + VAT

I've ordered the parts, just waiting for them to arrive now :)

Finally got the parts at lunch time, my friendly dealer forgot to phone me to say they were in, called them this morning to find they'd been sitting there for a while.

So guess I'll be needing the plasters at the weekend.

Does anyone know if these are available for a manual?? Specifacally a 123... Will be ordering the ones above for my 124...

Sp!ke has them on his Manual, I believe, so ... yes ! Part numbers are in the "Alloy Pedals" thread.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom