W124/R129 front wishbone 124 330 34 07

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dieseljunky

Car
R129, W212
Hello MB fans.
Here's something that has me scratching my head.

Does anyone know who makes the front wishbones for ESP equipped W124/R129s? MB part numbers are:
124 330 34 07 Left hand; and
124 330 35 07 Right hand.

One thing I am certain of: Mercedes do not make them - they have them made. But by whom? MB charge £326 each, so I intend to find out!
It seems that the non-ESP parts were originally manufactured by Lemforder, but I am not 100% certain about this (and not 100% interested either - they don't fit my car!).
I cannot find any suggestion that Lemforder actually make the ESP parts at all - for OE or for aftermarket.
At least one of the wishbones on my car is a TRW part. The car is over 16 years old so this may not be original. It doesn't seem 'right' that TRW were OEM to Mercedes, although they are now part of ZF (who also own Lemforder, incidentally).
The other name that keeps coming up is Febi-Bilstein, but again I am not convinced that these guys are OEM either.

Any ideas?

TRW make these, JTC1246 and JTC1247, £182.48 each (inc del) at Mister Auto UK.

I am wary of Febi nowadays, having been unhappy with a couple of their parts for my E46.

Lemforder seem only to make the earlier versions 30 07, 31 07 though you might find it worthwhile to go through their Webcat3 with your specific car details.

Lemforder definitely don't do the fixed ball joint (ESP) arms, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom