W124 rain leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

qbv

Car
W124 300 turbodiesel touring
I have a 92 E300 wagon. When parked facing downhill in the rain the rear carpet underneath the drivers seat (left hand drive) gets wet, but when facing uphill stays dry.All door and sunroof seals look good so assuming a drain channel is blocked. Any leads on discovering location/routing of any drains in this area?

qbv only help i can give is to look under the car and find the rubber tubes the exit under the car and squeeze them .If they are blocked you will see water drip from them .I will see if i can find the drain hole sheet for the estate.

Drains

obv this is the drain hole diagram .And looking at it i can see one drain tube near the back door both drain tubes in the diagram , are number 54 And it might be the problem .

Last edited:
The leak is likely to be the side windows in the cargo area. After the water gets in it will end up under the carpet in the front wheel wells if you leave the car facing down hill.

The only way to fix it is to take the windows out, fix the rust underneath the seal....and it will be rusty....then refit the windows using non setting windscreen sealant between the rubber seal and the metal.

I meant foot wells...

Anyway, good luck finding the source of the leak, and report back when you find it, as it would be useful info for other members.

Thanks for the replies. Will post my findings as and when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom