w124 rear brake discs - Genuine or OEM ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ap999

Car
mercedes w124
I've recently been quoted £225 by a main dealer for a pair of rear brake discs for my 1995 w124 e320. The part number was listed as A1244231012.

I thought that was a little pricey as looking online ATE supply these discs at around £70 for the pair (ATE part number 420199).

The rear discs currently fitted are genuine Mercedes.

What are your thoughts/experiences of genuine brake discs vs OEM?

Would the genuine discs be significantly better quality than the ATE discs to warrant the extra cost?

Can anyone who has recently bought/fitted genuine discs confirm where they were actually manufactured i.e. Europe or China?

I have used both in my 124. My current set are ECP ones - Eicher - if I recall correctly.

I have had zero issues with them. I have to be honest though. I don’t do a great deal of mileage in my 124. She’s a garage queen these days, so maybe not a fair comparison. That said, I can honestly say I have not had issues with any non-OEM discs previously.

1cee29ddaef123b339e70531c202d0bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have non genuine discs on the rear of mine too , no problems ,but only do a thousand miles or less a year. I always use genuine pads though.

Ours has genuine discs. Never tried any others so no idea if there is much difference. Its worth checking the parking brake bits when you do replace the discs. You may be surprised by just how bad they are. On our 280 they had pretty much disintegrated.

Thanks all.

I think I'm going to try the ATE rear discs along with their ceramic pads. Will try and provide feedback once they are bedded in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom