W124 Rear control arms; prices and quality of after market parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulStewart

Car
W124 E220 Estate 1995
Can anyone advise on the quality of replacement rear control arms that I have seen advertised on Ebay by ATP: Mercedes are just taking the preverbial.

I have a practically new rear subframe, main control arms; however I need the other three per side.

I am not tight but even the price of the bushes is crazy.

If you tell me there is a major quality difference I'll buy the new ones from Merc but surely theres an alternative?

Be pleased if someone can advise.

P:wallbash:

i bought the one with the balljoint (rear tie rod) for the MOT this year from GSF on ebay. Seems fine

lemförder is your friend all the way.
german parts for german engineering

Wunderpartz put a kit together for me with all 8 of the rear suspension arms and fitting kits with all the nuts bolts and washers, the rear arb drop links and the bushes for the hubs where the lower swing arm mounts. It was all Meyle apart form the drop links which were febi and it was £160 with next day delivery. By far the cheapest I found online and everything seemed just as well made as the lemforder parts I've used in the past.

The only part I got elsewhere (I forgot to order them with the rest) were the bushes for the inner side of the swing arms which were lemforder and very cheap from ecp.

Bare in mind also that the fitting kits for the rear arms now seem to come with spline fittings, M10 and m12 iirc, so if you're like me you may also need a set of decent spline sockets.

Brendan at Wunderpartz is king, a nice bloke.
He's great doing business with.

thanks for your comments fellas, Ill plumbe for Wunderpartz and save my money for the Merc new wings (180 each).

P

thanks for your comments fellas, Ill plumbe for Wunderpartz and save my money for the Merc new wings (180 each).

P

you will not be dissapointed with Brendan's service. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom