W124 rear reading lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sub_zero

Car
W124 E220 1995
Hi all,
one of the very rare options of W124 was the rear reading lights for the passengers,this option is much welcome in my star,I headed to the local dealer to buy the entire package,they asked for huge money!!!!
anyway I headed to the junk yard (we call it here scrap),I managed to get the two lights (I took them from W126 but they look pretty much the same as W124s).
Now I have two problems:
1-how to cut the C-pilars so I can fit the lights in? (they are perforated in the back of the pilars but you have to cut out,I tried with a cutter but they were harder).
2- how these lights operate? :
i-when rear doors are open
ii- when you switch on the rear light from the console switch
iii- and of course when you switch them on (they have a switch in them).
my question is: is the wiring harness easy? I read in one of the forums that you have to connect them to the rear light (in the dome).
any help would be much appreciated .

Attachments

• 7009868_E Class Rear Reading Lamp.jpg
    7009868_E Class Rear Reading Lamp.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Leselicht_an.jpg
    Leselicht_an.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 46
You have to take the pillar out in order to cut it perfect & they work with option 3

the pilars are out,but could not cut them.
what do you mean by 'option 3'?
thanks for reply

By option 3 I mean they only work by switching them on-off on the little silver switch
To cut them should not be that hard,a small saw blade should do the job.Did you take a picture of the cut on the 126 one??

I didn't take pics for them ,but they are just like these attached.
W124 ones have rounded knob (switch).
I want to clear something,I bought the lights only ,the pilars are W124 specific (they are for my star).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom