w124 rear shocker convertion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercman15

Car
range rover merc w124
hi look for help

what parts needed for selflevel shocker to standard shockers

will i have to up upgrade rear springs to

any help thank you

car is a w124 estate petrol wantingto change to diesel

thank you

chris

As above, don't do it!

You'd not be able to use the existing springs and would need to buy and fit dampers etc anyway, so there's little to no point - just repair the system that is on there, it can't have all failed?

Will

Get the pump then...

On top of an engine swap you don't want to be re-engineering the rear suspension of a car

Nick Froome

I would imagine that it will be cheaper to obtain a suitable pump from a breakers than it will be to obtain the parts you'll need for what at best will be a bodge of a conversion.

The self levelling is a really great feature of these cars. It allows a good unladen ride with nice soft springs and allows you to load the back of the car without it sitting on its back end. Conventional suspension cannot do this.

If you search around the UK sites, and the peachparts site in the US, you'll find stories of people who have converted the cars - once you strip out the usual self justification, and the natural unwillingness to be proven wrong, you won't find many advocates for the conversion.

To iterate my point, I strongly suspect you will get a cheaper and better conversion if you keep the self levelling system as MB designed it.

Keep the SLS. You will ruin the ride otherwise. I have had the misfortune to having had to change the standard suspension back to SLS. Person changed to standard and hated it. No feel and soggy ride with a load in. Why is it that Antique dealers prefer a 124 estate with SLS over anything else?

no need for me to do that now .turns out the problem was a rod it wasnt ajusted right cause the car back end to bounce problem solved

thanks for this .

Hi, Can you explain more about what the rod was that you re-adjusted. i also have a bouncy estate with SLS problems.

Tom

hi my car is and estate there a rod from the supension pipe splitter to the rear role bar

this rod was shortened at some point i took it off and exteneded it .. it's adjustable been fine ever since

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom