W124 Remus backbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Like a skeleton having a w@nk in a dustbin

As long as your fitting it to a 6cyl it will sound ace.:thumb:

I saw this and was thinking about fitting it to a 230ce, how come you dont recommend it for the 4 cylinder?

I think Carat was referring about the noise if it was fitted to a diesel, but I could be wrong :)

I think Carat was referring about the noise if it was fitted to a diesel, but I could be wrong :)

Yep, I was talking about diesels. Nothing beats a straight six diesel scream... Test drivng - YouTube :cool:

The correct remus box for the 4 cyl cars has a smaller diamiter pipe than the 6 cyl, so that box will need a "step down" to fit a 230ce.

Do these sound good?

Yes,hence why I went for this instead of the AMG one.The one you have is just too quiet for me.
I would not change your one though since is factory fittment but that`s your call

I thought that all the major brands, AMG, Lorinser, Sebring were all manufactured by Remus, or did I read that wrong somewhere?

AMG backboxes are pretty quiet and subtle, until you go over 4000rpm :)

Haha. My remus back box us sitting up the attic with all the other amg bits and bobs...

What other engine mods make an improvement to the six cylinder engines - sound and performance wise?

twin turbo with nitrous.

Might be a slightly daft question, but could you get this to fit a R129 SL with the 320 inline six engine?

Jesus talbir.. thats one hell of a car collection! Brabus 500TE?!

Might be a slightly daft question, but could you get this to fit a R129 SL with the 320 inline six engine?

I would have thought so,might not be a straight fit though but sure you can make it work.
I can go straight on your TT though :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom