W124 Remus Exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackman

Car
1998 W124 E220 Saloon
Hello everyone, new to the forum. Really excited :)

I'm looking to replace the rusty exhaust on my E220 W124 with something decent in terms of sound and quality/value.

So far I'm leaning towards Remus, the cheapest I found on eBay is £517...

I was just wondering, if that's any good and other options that are available?

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome.

Remus exhausts are excellent if a bit pricey :)

You could get a complete stainless steel system made and fitted for less.

It is indeed a bit pricy, but you get what you pay for ;)

Will most likely get Remus. The only thing is, they say rear bumper has to be cut "slightly", which is a bit annoying...

Welcome Blackman. That Remus costs more than one of my cars!!

It is indeed a bit pricy, but you get what you pay for ;)

Will most likely get Remus. The only thing is, they say rear bumper has to be cut "slightly", which is a bit annoying...
Nope, my Remus fits under without any cutting.

Thanks for the help guys.

There are 2 sizes of Remus exhausts for W124's:

1. With 2 tail pipes 74x65mm angled
2. With 2 tail pipes 90x75mm straight

The one which requires cutting is the bigger one. I got the info from Remus's official website and the eBay seller says the same...

Remus UK - Performance Exhaust Systems

And by the way, is the exhaust fitment the same for both coupes and 4 doors?

Those who have Remus exhausts (dw124 and Ian Walker), what size is it?

I'm assuming it's the 74x65mm, since you are saying there was no cutting involved?

I have 90x75 and Ian has the angled one.My car has a bodykit though so it sits under the bumper,hence no cutting involved

I have 90x75 and Ian has the angled one.My car has a bodykit though so it sits under the bumper,hence no cutting involved

Thanks, that's what I was after :)

Will probably get the 90x75, and mod the bumper a bit...Cost-wise they're pretty much the same, so I'd rather get a bigger one and proper straight.

Don't like the angled look :(

Look:You bumper has a cut for the original exhaust,and is not going to look good unless you get that cut fixed.Also remove the centre box and you`ll have a better sound.

Look:You bumper has a cut for the original exhaust,and is not going to look good unless you get that cut fixed.Also remove the centre box and you`ll have a better sound.

I'll try to make it look "factory" cut, lol

If I remove the centre box, do I put a straight pipe there or something? :confused:

I'll try to make it look "factory" cut, lol

If I remove the centre box, do I put a straight pipe there or something? :confused:

no not straight, it needs to be like a curly wurly to balance the wuffle pressure :crazy:

seriously if you are going to spend a wedge on a remus back box i would leave off the middle box and fit a freer flowing cat

Well, the plan so far is to get rid of my rusty backbox and fit Remus. I just wanted to know whether it's a straight fit or not.

By the way, anyone got pics with Remus fitted? :)

Would be great to see, without the matter whether it's angled one or straight.

By the way, anyone got pics with Remus fitted? :)

Would be great to see, without the matter whether it's angled one or straight.

I don`t have any pic but where about in London are you?Also I might have a backbox for your car,not remus but still a nice one :thumb:

I'm in west London, mate.

What backbox do you have? I've found one made by Sebring for quite cheap, but not sure about it...

Sebring is very good and if it`s cheap,than go for it.PS that`s the same one i have for sale

I would PM you about the details, but can't since I haven't made 30 posts, lol

What condition is yours and how much you would be looking for? :)

I would PM you about the details, but can't since I haven't made 30 posts, lol

What condition is yours and how much you would be looking for? :)

The backbox is new but i want 350 for it though ;).The thing is that I don`t know how it sounds but the Remus I have on my car sounds :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom