W124 repair suggestion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If all bulbs are working and the bulb warning lamp stays illuminated then check the rear tail light bulbs - they should be 10 watt bulbs but the most common tail light bulbs are 5 watt - if 5 watt bulb(s) have been fitted it will trigger the warning lamp. As already said bulbs that are close to end of life can also trigger the warning bulb.

Crazy You could have a problem with the warning bulbs being in the wrong location in the speedo .Some one may have had the speedo out and put a bulb holder back in the wrong place .So you think its for the item that is named underneath on the information strip but it is not .

That’s a good point.
I have replaced all the bulbs this morning with 10watt bulb and the light still there. Is the sequence of lndicators correct in my cluster?

I have also noticed Abs indicator doesn’t lit (Abs is working properly). What is the indicator to the right of Abs?there is nothing written on it but it does lit at start up.noticed as well outside temperature gauge doesn’t work.

Far right is ASD light do you have ASD ? Is for 4 Matic So is yours a 4 Matic ? I think you might have found the problem. Post your vin up so we can identify what car model you have .

I have got a light there but sure this is not 4 matic :)

had a look at the manual and looks like my cluster is different. What is the green light beside the glow plug?
Should not the Abs light lit when the key is in position 2?

Yes ABS should light up then go out. Is the red one to the right of the ABS bulb the SRS warning? I do not remember a green light on my 300d.

1996 300D multivalve. SLS standard.

Thanks, after a little bit of research I think you are right. Indicators mystery solved. Now need to replace Abs light bulb (what bulb?) and Fuel gauge light balb (what bulb?)

Quick update. A member of the forum came to see the car for advising. Ended up buying it for the same price I bought it for. A bit too much work for my skills.
I am now looking for another w124 estate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom