W124 - Replacing the front wings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ModMan

Car
Soon to be a 2013 A Class
Well, my poor car has rust on the front wings. I have been quoted new panels (I said I shall supply via ECP) and £180 per side to spray/fit etc. To be honest it's more than I have to spend at the moment.

Is that figure in the right area though? Any recommendations for places in the (east) Midlands please?

I also have a couple of other rust spots I would like touched up too.

Thanks - Dan

Hi

The body shop I am having my respray from are quite good but not sure if they supply parts they charge around £140 a panel I think, they are called Individual Car Body Shop based in Loughborough

Thank you Rei. I'm quite happy to buy the panels from ECP for the bodyshop, I just was expecting a lot less than £140 a panel is all. I think I'm just struggling to justify if on what's, at best, a £2k car. But I like my cars to be mint is all.

Lets see if there are any other suggestions otherwise I'll get in touch with your guys when funds allow :)

Ok, I will have a word with them see what the best price is as they did me a better deal but im having all the car sprayed.

£140 for a copy wing is alot of dosh... my genuine ones from MB cost about £260 each all in iirc...

Try Hadrians panels..... People say they are up there with the best, when it comes to copy panels.....

Quick check shows £107.65....

http://www.hadriancarpanels.com/

try for a discount at dealer,two local dealers quoted me £197 each for genuine wings,you could also try dronsfield,just bought a very good used wing from them,delivered at £50(unfortunatly its not silver so will need painted ;(

Just to clarify. I'll be supplying pattern wings for whatever they are at ECP (£40 ea?) it's just the painting I need. :)

I recently bought some wings from ECP for about £75 each with forum discount. Fitted them and got the whole lower half of the car painted by a local amateur bodyshop guy I know for just £230 and he's done a brilliant job.

Depending on how far you'd willingly travel, I'm sure he could help you out.

Hey Ryan,

That sounds worth following up. DO you have any photos of their work on your car and also their contacts details?

Ok for now but how about till winter sets in ?
£230 is cheap and at mates rates but you pays your money
but will it last ? mmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom