• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 Restoration

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
Well boys:After looking for a clean rustfree w124 e320,i found it very hard to find one with the spec i like.So i bought a w124 with a lovely spec and i`m going to do a full restoration,and full respray.

If you see on the first pictures,that`s how i bought the car.After removing the wings and side skists,i`ve realised that i`ll need more work than expected:(.Now the whole car i striped as you can see and all the rust gona be sorted,witch is not gona be cheap lol.Many people might call me crazy but each to their own:).The car is going throug a full respray and my favorite colour is 040,but all opinions wellcome
thumb.gif
.The rear arches i`m gona cut and i`m gona put 500E ones,so that way i can put some 3 piece AMGs.The car is gona have AMG gen2 bodykit witch i already have.It might take a while though till is finished because the man is doing it betwen jobs,but as long as the job is done properly i dont mind.

d-w124-albums-w124-picture1456-pict0878.jpg

d-w124-albums-w124-picture1462-pict0881.jpg

d-w124-albums-w124-picture1463-pict0885.jpg

d-w124-albums-w124-picture1476-pict0898.jpg

d-w124-albums-w124-picture1475-pict0897.jpg

d-w124-albums-w124-picture1469-pict0888.jpg

Last edited:
Are you undertaking all the work or using a bodyshop ?

Are you undertaking all the work or using a bodyshop ?
I`ll let the profesionals on this one mate.:eek::eek::eek:I know what you are thinking lol

Aahhh - happy days!

Have you got a budget in mind or just bottomless pockets?

It's just that, if you remember, apart from the wings, there was nothing really fundamentally wrong with my coupe - certainly nothing broken or possibly requiring welding etc.

Are you actually proposing to change the colour? Unless you are happy for the original colour to show in certain out of the way areas, that's going to cost big bucks.

Good luck - will follow this with great interest.

Nice choice DeeDubs! I will certainly will be following your progress....

Please please please remember to take LOTS of pictures along the way.

When working on the sills, as you have shown near the jacking point hole, another area of concern is just under the jacking point hole, under the car itself,where the round rubber bung fits..... Rust can work its way from the holes on the side to under the car & these rubber bungs hide them well, so take them off & have a poke !

Good luck...!

When working on the sills, as you have shown near the jacking point hole, another area of concern is just under the jacking point hole, under the car itself,where the round rubber bung fits..... Rust can work its way from the holes on the side to under the car & these rubber bungs hide them well, so take them off & have a poke !

Good luck...!

Mine had a hole in the floor where the hinge of the accelerator pedal sits, about 3-4 inches in from the jacking point, my brother managed to weld it inside out... good like that my brother:thumb:

i had to do all four of the jacking points, both parts of the front footwell where the chassis rail meets the tub, both front wings under the indicators and an assortment of pinholes in random under body areas!

Aahhh - happy days!

Are you actually proposing to change the colour? Unless you are happy for the original colour to show in certain out of the way areas, that's going to cost big bucks.

Good luck - will follow this with great interest.

Yes mate the colour has to change.Black on black 040.What do you think?

When i`ll finish i`ll tell you.Is going to cost but in the end,i`ll have the w124 i always wanted

Looks like a major project. If you dont mind me saying, that car seems to have more rust than my liking but im assuming here that the spec on the car must be exceptional for you to use it as a project car. What is the spec?, have you punched in the vin number on the decoder?
Good luck with your project, hopefully it should put a smile on your daughter's face once completed.

Looks like a major project. If you dont mind me saying, that car seems to have more rust than my liking but im assuming here that the spec on the car must be exceptional for you to use it as a project car. What is the spec?, have you punched in the vin number on the decoder?
Good luck with your project, hopefully it should put a smile on your daughter's face once completed.
Thnx for that mate.The thing is that i bought the car on ebay,and it was to far to view.We all know that most of the w124s out there has rust,but this was a bit worst than expected.I don`t mind though cos at least i can sort it out,and hopefully will have some years in peace.The car has almost everything ASD electric memory seats full leather aicon electric adjustable steering fire exting and to top it up electric roller blind.:)Also i forget to mention,the drivers seat has some switches on the left something to do with bolster adjust but i have not seen that on w124s.Is that spec any good?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom