W124 seat base

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Windy124

Car
W124 320E Sportline
My seat in my car is a bit soft, it's getting on a bit now bless and it's had a few bums shining it over the years! I suppose one of the reasons I bought this car was because it was the car I wanted in the 90's but couldn't afford! I was lucky enough to drive a few at that time that were relatively well unshined and I do remember that the seat's were firm and very supportive. So my question to those with far superior knowledge than mine is, are they still available?

Any help, clues or leads is appreciated.

George

The springs do break but MB also offered replacement foam pads to beef up the seating, p/n a1249200066 - nla apparently, but foam is foam...

http://w124-zone.com/downloads/MB%20CD/W124/w124CD2/Program/Chassis/91-100.pdf

http://w124-zone.com/downloads/MB%20CD/W124/Index/Resources/AF91.12-U-3000A_seat_boost_rear.pdf

foam pads for the sides are still available, p/n a1249101675 less than a tenner

Thanks, have you tried em yourself Baldge? Are they effective?

Cheers :)

Not yet, but I need the headroom...If the springs are broken they won't help much by themselves, but if you need to fix or replace the springs, might as well do the foam

I could always srtip them out to have a look. I'd planned to take the seats out to clean the carpets properly. Could even swap the seat based over from passenger to driver I suppose, that ones a lot firmer. One thing leads to another with these things I suppose!

In the EPC there is a reinforced seat cushion option for the front seats - it is essentially a foam block that replaces the spring box. Only problem is it doesn't fit the leather covers even though the EPC says it does without additional clips and securing wires. MB will want to charge you extra if you want them to actually fit together. I have the complete set up here including the bill for fitting front from The Classics Centre, if you are interested they may be for sale together with a LOT of MB-Genuine parts for a 1996 E320 Cabbie. In fact you may be interested in both my cars as well....??

In the EPC there is a reinforced seat cushion option for the front seats - it is essentially a foam block that replaces the spring box. Only problem is it doesn't fit the leather covers even though the EPC says it does without additional clips and securing wires. MB will want to charge you extra if you want them to actually fit together. I have the complete set up here including the bill for fitting front from The Classics Centre, if you are interested they may be for sale together with a LOT of MB-Genuine parts for a 1996 E320 Cabbie. In fact you may be interested in both my cars as well....??

Bearing in mind mines a saloon though and you don't know if your selling, but what yer got :)

Lots of roof stuff for hood replacement. I'll send you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom