W124 seat

hirbod

Car
E250 Diesel W210
Hi everyone
I bought a W124 afew weeks ago, the owner was a very big lad, needless to say that thae drivers seat has had it.
The spring base is totally naked, my question is : has the back rest got spring support? as it seems very soggy, if yes does anybody know of a good front seat for sale, the cover doesn't matter as I can swap the covers, as long as it is a nice firm solid base.
Cheers.

andy_k

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa GTV 3.0
most drivers seats are worn - however you can buy the springs/covers etc from the dealers.

Probably for not much more than the breakers will be asking for a decent seat once you add in shipping charges etc

Andy

OP
OP
H

hirbod

Car
E250 Diesel W210
Cheers Andy, will see how much I can get the springs from the dealership as the reason that i bought the car was for the comfort of thr seats.
Hirbod

Steve Chafer

Car
W124. 1988 E Class Estate
Hullo Hirbod,

'interested to know how you got on with the seat repair, I have a 88 w124 which has a very saggy seat base, the previous owner like yours was a big lad who said he never got aroune to fixing his which he ascribed to a broken seat tension spring which he also though was a common problem on this model.

how did you go about the fix?

Steve C

PS regards to Barnsley used to work at the District General Hospital in Pogmoor some 20 years ago! - great place, great people!

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
I must have missed the original post on this, what colour seat are you both after?

I still have a complete interior from my W124CE in my loft in pretty good nick. Both front seats are still firm. The passenger side is mint but there is a little wear on the drivers bolster area.

Biscuit/mushroom coloured cloth any good to you?

OP
OP
H

hirbod

Car
E250 Diesel W210
Originally posted by Steve Chafer
Hullo Hirbod,

'interested to know how you got on with the seat repair, I have a 88 w124 which has a very saggy seat base, the previous owner like yours was a big lad who said he never got aroune to fixing his which he ascribed to a broken seat tension spring which he also though was a common problem on this model.

how did you go about the fix?

Steve C

PS regards to Barnsley used to work at the District General Hospital in Pogmoor some 20 years ago! - great place, great people!

I still have not managed to get that repaired, you can get a spring base from the dealership but it is expensive, the easiest way is to get a second hand front seat in good condition but make sure that the spring base is not broken. I hope that helps you abit, I see that Spike might have a front seat.

OP
OP
H

hirbod

Car
E250 Diesel W210
Originally posted by Sp!ke
I must have missed the original post on this, what colour seat are you both after?

I still have a complete interior from my W124CE in my loft in pretty good nick. Both front seats are still firm. The passenger side is mint but there is a little wear on the drivers bolster area.

Biscuit/mushroom coloured cloth any good to you?

Hi spike

the colour of the seat doesnt matter as i can change the seat covers across, will you PM me if you still have it, Cheers mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom