W124 seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Niks

MB Enthusiast
I just noticed today whilst reaching for a water bottle that rolled under the passenger seat, there are wires going into the front seats?? I dont have electric seats so what are these for?!

Passenger seat...

6043622176_5449f0e35e_o.jpg

Drivers seat...

6043075081_c34c01a567_o.jpg

Thanks!

My goodness, have you got any evidence of the car going to the US?? That looks like the standard wiring the CIA used to use for listening in on conversations "in car". They also used the wiring for seat belt clips, but this was just a front for spying activities....

I'd get the car scanned for any other bugs you might have.

Eh?? are you pulling my leg?

Honestly, theres no mention on the VIN code of the car having electric front seats, and theres no electric seat switches on the door panels. It doesnt have orthopeadic or heated seats either.

From memory it's something to do with the seatbelts, either part of the SRS or for the seatbelt light.

Why is the forum running 20 mins slow? I posted this at 12.45am

These are the sensors for the seatbelt stalks, they operate the flashing red sign in the roof console to remind you to buckle up.

Last edited:
They are indeed for the seat occupancy sesnor. Don't unplug them though as they are also connected to the SRS system, so the airbag won't go off in an accident if the sesnsor indicates there isn't a passenger in the seat.

Non airbag cars have them too , for the seatbelt reminder light .

Occupancy sensor ( pressure switch ) is separate - if no one detected in seat , the 'buckle-up' light ignores the unfastened seatbelt .

..all that for a seat belt reminder light!:doh:

LOL! eyes lit up eh! i'm afriad the elec seat/ heat combo is going to be a lil slightly harder to install than that!

Stingy merc. :rolleyes:

haha, thanks guys! I actually never thought about the seatbelt thing! I thought they were pre-installed wires to connect to an electric seat or ortho/heated seats.

Oh well, I learned something new.

Im pretty sure the seatbelt reminder light only works from doors opening.

Im pretty sure the seatbelt reminder light only works from doors opening.

+1 as i have had seatbelts on door open and they start flashing :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom