w124 seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VP500

Hi All

I'm thinking about buying a W124, probably a saloon. I'd like one with leather seats, but I've seen a good one with cloth seats. Before I go to see it, can anyone tell me:
  • can I fit seats from any year of w124?
  • If i found some good leather seats, but they were electric or heated, would they fit a standard car?
  • Will coupe front and reat seats fit in a saloon? I've seen a special 300-24 on the interweb that appears to have coupe rear seats fitted, but I'm not sure if they're are coupe seats or not.
Thanks

Richard

Hi All

I'm thinking about buying a W124, probably a saloon. I'd like one with leather seats, but I've seen a good one with cloth seats. Before I go to see it, can anyone tell me:
  • can I fit seats from any year of w124?
The year is not as important as you might think, it is hard to give a definative answer to this but seats do come apart and can be rebuilt to suit
  • If i found some good leather seats, but they were electric or heated, would they fit a standard car?
Electric and heated will fit but wont work until you get the associated wiring to fit the car - which can be a headache. You will need the doorcards too for example.
  • Will coupe front and reat seats fit in a saloon? I've seen a special 300-24 on the interweb that appears to have coupe rear seats fitted, but I'm not sure if they're are coupe seats or not.
Coupe front seats have a vacuum operated lock that is required to lock the seats while underway, you will need to provide a vacuum source.

Thanks

Richard

^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom