W124 self levelling suspension querey?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigbenz260

Car
beautiful '87 260E
Hey everyone, I was just wondering whether it was only the estate models of the 124's that came with self levelling suspension. I have just been looking at the mercedes performance website and the only option for my car (87 260e) is listed on the section that includes self levelling? any info as always gratefully accepted :)

nope they fitted it to the saloons as well. you should have a reservoir under the bonnet full of hydraulic fluid and two (green) spheres in the boot just forwards of the spare wheel well (if I remember correctly)

HTH

Andy

andy_k said:
nope they fitted it to the saloons as well. you should have a reservoir under the bonnet full of hydraulic fluid and two (green) spheres in the boot just forwards of the spare wheel well (if I remember correctly)

HTH

Andy
Ithought it was just estates, I'll have to go and look.....

PJH said:
Ithought it was just estates, I'll have to go and look.....
Nope, even 190's had the option of self levelling rear suspension, my previous car 1986 190E (W201) had it fitted. Another tell tale sign is the mechanical hydraulic fluid pump bolted onto the front of the engine hooked up to the cam shaft, (I think it's driven off the cam shaft).

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom