W124 sideskirts and rear bumper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Niks

MB Enthusiast
As above im looking for a pair of original sideskirts and a facelift rear bumper for a 124 saloon - preferably in grey.

thanks.

Hi , i have a set of skirts and a rear bumper from a 1992 e280.They were originally grey but were sprayed 199 blue / black to match the bodywork as i didnt like the two tone colour scheme.Let me know if there of interest to you.

Andy.

As above im looking for a pair of original sideskirts and a facelift rear bumper for a 124 saloon - preferably in grey.

thanks.

I hope this is helpful. The rear bumper on the face lift - which is the only variety I have experience of - comprises multiple parts; the primary moulding which contains multiple bits of crush-resistant foam, then a bar of foam, then the bumper (MB call it a rail) itself. I have a S124 which came with a crack in the bumper (rail) and at first paid a local chappie to flll and re-paint it. This lasted for a couple of months of cold last winter then opened up again. Impact with a bollard in Asda's car park was the last straw, so I bought a new rail from MB, circa 160, plus the foam insert @ about 20, plus spraying @60. All up, it was still less costly than quotes I had from the local body shops to cut a wedge, fill and paint. And it's now as it should be.

Have pics of the bits being taken off and put back on, if you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom