W124 speed pulse wire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ngenius1

Hi all, recently fitted my alpine navi to the car (1993 320ce), took a picture of the location of the wire for anyone who needs the information.
14012009387.jpg
14012009385.jpg

Hi all, recently fitted my alpine navi to the car (1993 320ce), took a picture of the location of the wire for anyone who needs the information.
14012009387.jpg

14012009385.jpg

We cannot access your users directory, can you fix the link or upload the photo properly?

good info. i would love to retrofit comand 2.0 to my 124 but dont want to spoil the origionality or damage the dash area. i reckon it could be done though and this is where you'd get the speed pulse :)

it's not always that colour though :)

On our last W124 the wire was green and yellow, on another I fitted a sat nav to it was grey.

I don't think you'll get a Comand to fit to a w124 as they are too wide - you'll need to get hold of a 'taxi console' before you try that mod

i'm not going to do it, but i reckon it would fit with little modification to the command surround... get rid of the ashtray

There's a 2-pin plug in late W124s with (from memory) thin black wires with a blue trace. I have a sneaking suspicion that is speed pulse as well. I'll have a look & report back

There's nothing to stop you butchering the console to fit COMAND but a taxi console would make life a lot easier

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

The green with white trace is the wire i attached, the factory wire is the one in the black trunking.
When i was inquiring on locations for the speed pulse Green yellow was mentioned but in the drivers side kick well.
Also Alpine themselves told me i need a speed pulse generator £180:crazy:
If your car has cruise or abs you have a speed pulse signal at the clocks.:)

it's not always that colour though :)

On our last W124 the wire was green and yellow, on another I fitted a sat nav to it was grey.

I don't think you'll get a Comand to fit to a w124 as they are too wide - you'll need to get hold of a 'taxi console' before you try that mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom