w124 speedo cable RHD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chisel

Car
300e 1993 w124
Hi all,
I've ordered a speedo cable for a w124 mb300e but it came for the left hand drive version, this is a problem as I need a right hand drive.
I'm having trouble locating the part or even finding the part number. Can anyone oblige? and does anyone need a left hand drive speedo cable? I paid £18 but to send it back to latvia I've been quoted £15 :oops: heavens above...
All I wanted was the plastic bolt on the cable so I was thinking of bastardising this one but it would be a right faff.

I think you may be looking for A1245400568, 2m long rather than 1480mm for LHD.

If you need the number i have a new original Mercedes speedo cable on my garage wall with the number on it .
thank you guys, the one i’ve bought is 710mm, goes straight to the peddle on lhd as aposed to having to travel across the top of the engine. I’ll do a search with that number and report back. Thanks again

no joy with that one, it’s the wrong type, i need uk version of this one
Genuine SWAG Accelerator Cable Fits MERCEDES W124 91-95 1243006630
the correct length from recollection is @ 1400mm
it doesn’t like me posting pictures from my camera on here for some reason

I'm surprised that a 300E would have a cable. I do understand that the diesels cars do but was under the impression that the gasoline powered cars got electronic speedometers since 1980

Ok that's an accelerator cable, not a speedometer cable.

View attachment 105369this is the cable it has in it. it obviously it needs to be 1400/1700mm
A very annoying description: "Genuine SWAG".

No more useful than "Genuine Lidl", "Genuine Poundshop" or "Genuine Cheapandcheerfulandmadeinasweatshop".

When buying outside the MB network, I would only trust "Genuine Mercedes" or "NOS (New Old Stock", ideally with photo or MB logo and part number.

RayH

A very annoying description: "Genuine SWAG".

No more useful than "Genuine Lidl", "Genuine Poundshop" or "Genuine Cheapandcheerfulandmadeinasweatshop".

When buying outside the MB network, I would only trust "Genuine Mercedes" or "NOS (New Old Stock", ideally with photo or MB logo and part number.

The EPC and your VIN should reveal the correct, RHD cable part number for your car. Then consult the MB network suppliers, AutoDoc or, for genuine MB, Teile-Profis.

in 2010 we fitted a new speedo cable to our 1995 124 280 RHD. Just found the invoice. Part number MA124 540 05 68. £67.50 + VAT. Not sure if it will fit a 300e but it might give you somewhere to start

euspares.co.uk have the same part number listed for a 300e. Interestingly they call it a Tacho cable but ours was definitely a speedo cable

is it possible to down load a epc at all? or can i post my vin on here?
There is an EPC at this place:

Just type in you VIN and start searching. I've found it to be as good as the official MB one.

Good hunting.

R

in 2010 we fitted a new speedo cable to our 1995 124 280 RHD. Just found the invoice. Part number MA124 540 05 68. £67.50 + VAT. Not sure if it will fit a 300e but it might give you somewhere to start
I'm having a little trouble finding the right size throttle/accelerator cable for my 1991 300E 4matic RHD. Even the part numbers on the EPC located at the Mercedes 7zap link above seem to have two associated part numbers, neither show any results when fed into google.

I mistakenly ordered a throttle cable from pelicanparts but that was for a LHD w124 and was considerably shorter.

Did the op end up finding the right throttle cable for their w124?

Right hand drive is from the drivers seat looking out . All uk cars are right hand drive is the same as yours . Vin check will be the best option in finding the exact throttle cable for your engine .If you can trust us with your vin then i could find out for you.

Right hand drive is from the drivers seat looking out . All uk cars are right hand drive is the same as yours . Vin check will be the best option in finding the exact throttle cable for your engine .If you can trust us with your vin then i could find out for you.
Most definitely can, sir! WDB1242302B581232

I've been hunting in not just UK but Australia too. No luck so far finding a new genuine accelerator cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom