W124 Steering damper - giveaway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philirv

Car
Mercedes Benz W124 E280 Auto
I'm selling my W124 shortly and I have a brand-new unused steering damper to give away.

Steering damper can be used with other models:
STABILUS No. Part No. Stock Manufacturer Type
A 208 ( CLK Cabrio)
R 129 (SL)
R 170 (SLK)
S 202 (C-Klasse, Kombi)
W 124 (E-Klasse)
W 201
W 202 (C-Klasse

you pay for the carriage !

Phil ;)

Please Sir, Me Sir!!

Philirv said:
I'm selling my W124 shortly and I have a brand-new unused steering damper to give away.

Steering damper can be used with other models:
STABILUS No. Part No. Stock Manufacturer Type
A 208 ( CLK Cabrio)
R 129 (SL)
R 170 (SLK)
S 202 (C-Klasse, Kombi)
W 124 (E-Klasse)
W 201
W 202 (C-Klasse

you pay for the carriage !

Phil ;)

Phil, I'll stick my hand up for this if it fits mine thanks alot!.

Is there a part number on it so I can check it fits my W202?? (my car uses 124 4630432) what does it weigh (for postage)??
Cheers
Mark

Last edited:
Steve_Perry said:
Wot's dat then? C Class Estate maybe? Never heard of an S202 :confused: (sorry for going off topic Phil).

S.

The S202 is the C Class Estate.

I would be interested in the steering damper for my W201 if it is still available. Do you accept Paypal payments?

Regards,

Don

Last edited:
Limited Edition said:
The S202 is the C Class Estate. The W202 and S202 use the W210 Steering Dampner.

I would be interested in the steering dampner for my W201. Do you accept Paypal payments?

Regards,

Don
Thought the estate was T202 . . . regional variation, perhaps.

S.

DON:

Not sure on the W210 being the part needed for my W202 as the part number for mine starts 124 4630432. Would that not mean its a 124 part as per Phil's.

sym said:
Thought the estate was T202 . . . regional variation, perhaps.

S.

S usually represents a wagon, kombi, shooting brake
W usually represents a sedan
C usually represents a coupe
R usually represents a convertible

Yes, you are correct, the W202 does use a W124 part.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,
That being the case, I'll send it to lotusmark2.

For setting up the P.A.P., I'll waive the delivery charge. What's the delivery address M8y ?

Rgds
P

Thanks Phil, sent you a PM

For your generous offer you are now a fully paid up member of P.A.P but the EU may get its way on the name. :D

BTW, you remember all those Japanese 124 photos with the customisation ? They all mentioned S124 as well, because this the internal MB prodcut code designation for an estate. The 'T' is actually used in the brand name but not the internal model code.

Another factoid, you may have seen from an earlier post that I work for the company that makes these parts (as well as gas springs).

Even though there are no longer any MB vehicle in production today using a steering damper, we are still making approx 100,000 units a year for the after market. :crazy:

Not only that, but there are additional 2 companies in Taiwan doing about the same volume per year !

Shows how many MB's are still on the road around the world ....

I have just got hold of a MB reversing sensor kit, the drilling templates refer to the W202 and S202 station wagen not the T202 as we know them!

jimmy said:
I have just got hold of a MB reversing sensor kit, the drilling templates refer to the W202 and S202 station wagen not the T202 as we know them!
Is it much of a job to retro fit the reversing kit (cost etc)

jimmy said:
[OT]Ohhh - you got it ! Well done ! Full report when its fitted please :D

S.[/OT]

lotusmark2 said:
Is it much of a job to retro fit the reversing kit (cost etc)
The kit Jimmy has is the Quickparc accessory kit, not to be mistaken for the oem parktronic setup. They do basically the same thing though. From the stealership the kit is about £250, plus the "vehicle-specific kit" which is about £20.

We need pics Jimmy! :)

EDIT: Jimmy forgive me I went to pick up the pedals from the stealership today and totally forgot to ask about the wiring! I will go tomorrow morning, the parts guy looked like he needed some peace anyway! ;)

Shude said:
The kit Jimmy has is the Quickparc accessory kit, not to be mistaken for the oem parktronic setup. They do basically the same thing though. From the stealership the kit is about £250, plus the "vehicle-specific kit" which is about £20.

We need pics Jimmy! :)

EDIT: Jimmy forgive me I went to pick up the pedals from the stealership today and totally forgot to ask about the wiring! I will go tomorrow morning, the parts guy looked like he needed some peace anyway! ;)

Thanks Nick, I think I have worked it out.

Although there are about seven loose wires, only two are needed, one for earth and the other to connect to the reversing lights for power. The other wires are for optional trailer sensor and to plug into the diagnostics port so are not neccessary. There is also a fuse holder that you plug in different resistors to adjust the sensitivity. Got it rigged up on my bench and it works really well. Will start a new thread with pictures as I fit it, probably early next week.

jimmy said:
There is also a fuse holder that you plug in different resistors to adjust the sensitivity.
What's the closest distance you can adjust it to ?

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom