W124 Steering Wheel Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bloodmoon

Car
C270 CDI Avantgarde
Now, I apologise in advance for my cluelessnes regarding this, but...

I have a pre-facelilft 300CE-24, and have been looking to replace the old style steering wheel for something in wood & leather to match the trim.

www.mercedesperformance.co.uk have some particularly attractive (and exbenzive) ones.

However, my car did not come equipped with an airbag...

So, am I right in thinking I can just remove the old wheel and fit the facelift wheel (which is setup for an airbag) without actually having to install an airbag as well?

Thanks in advance,

Antony

Your only problem is that the cover is normally built into the airbag module (attached to it!) - which will leave you with a big hole in the middle of the wheel... I'm pretty sure thats the case !

I have a spare airbag (with the cover, obviously) - but I wouldn't recommend driving round with undetonated explosives in your steering wheel, for no good reason - if there is nothing to connect it to !

S.

mercedesperformance sell steering wheels and covers seperately. Could I just buy the matching cover and drive around with an empty steering wheel?

--
Antony

Look up your car on www.eurocarparts.com the have a selection of wheels in the accessories section at very reasonable prices ranging from £69 - £115.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom