W124 stereo wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
aha! pic worked.
I added a Phillips CED780 sat nav/stereo. May not be to all tastes, but it seems to sit in with out being too 'loud' looking. It does sit proud a little but I made a small cowl to remedy that and I also plan to fabricate an additional surround to create a flusher finish. (mainly for when using with the screen down)

When the screen is out it looks great and the press of a button lowers the screen for access to the heater controls.

Pleased with my first stereo fit in about 20 years.

Took the carpets out of my 124 for the first time tonight and in the passenger footwell there's a red terminal block.
Is that where the rear speakers are wired from? Mine aren't connected/working as the fantastic Audioline cassette player installed only has one pair of outputs.
If I swap the stereo for something with 4 way output, do I wire the rears into that block?
Ta.

If you're talking about the red rectangular connector mounted on the passenger footwell kick plate, please do not hook your speakers up to that. It's for the SRS system as per the warning label that should be right next to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom