W124 Strut brace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've often thought about getting a strut brace for my coupe.

Does anyone know if it would actually make that much difference?
Also, does anyone know what it would be worth?
It's currently £50 inc. delivery.
Many thanks

Darren

I've often thought about getting a strut brace for my coupe.

Does anyone know if it would actually make that much difference?

They do mate but is hard to notice on the road,+ i`ve always though that is not mercedes stuff.I you do track than yes

I wouldn't ever take the Coupe on track (I use the Audi for that ;)), but I am "keen" driver on the road in the twisty bits - I like to press on :D

Darren

They do make a big difference and add to safety, particularly if you were in a frontal impact from an angle, where it does as it says on the tin and braces the car.

From a handling point of view it does tighten things up a bit but as already said probably not noticeable on the road.

If I could find a suitable one at reasonable cost I would definitely have on on the CLK, all my other cars have them.

SO if you are buying from a handling point of view it's a questionable purchase, but from a safety point of view then well worth it.

I am "keen" driver on the road in the twisty bits - I like to press on :D

Darren

Same here,that`s why i`m going to mod one for the rear to :thumb:

The strut brace will make a lot of difference the next time you take a long sweeping bend at high speed.....Brabus did offer this as a modification on w124's, although not sure if the one shown is a Brabus version.

talbri

The strut brace will make a lot of difference the next time you take a long sweeping bend at high speed.....Brabus did offer this as a modification on w124's, although not sure if the one shown is a Brabus version.

talbri
Carlsson did to :)

They do make a big difference and add to safety, particularly if you were in a frontal impact from an angle, where it does as it says on the tin and braces the car.

From a handling point of view it does tighten things up a bit but as already said probably not noticeable on the road.

If I could find a suitable one at reasonable cost I would definitely have on on the CLK, all my other cars have them.

SO if you are buying from a handling point of view it's a questionable purchase, but from a safety point of view then well worth it.

If they're not available/stupidly expensive for a CLK any decent fabricator should be able to make one for not that much. Bit more work involved in the strut mounts for that w124 example than for the type of car typically associated with 'em but with a tame profile cutter to laser/water cut the plate should be pretty close to the mass produced w124 item price wise and wouldn't look like it was welded by someone with a hangover :crazy:. Obviously underbonnet layout of a CLK may change things with regards to simplicity/cost

The seller has some interesting negative feedback. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: but please dont forget that he has had 139 POSTITIVES in a year and only 4 negatives.

give the seller a break...

i'm not convinced what advantage it would be to fit one though....for handling.... and i see it as being just another bit of hassle that you need to remvoe to take the bloody manifold off on my E300D. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom