W124 Sun Visor Mounts - Mushroom / beige

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Windy124

Car
W124 320E Sportline
Has anyone got a pair of these by chance? Would prefer the ones with the electric contacts if poss :)

Thanks!

Try a Dealership. I think they are the same as a 129's so that may help if you go for second hand but what ever is wrong with yours will almost certainly be the case with all of them by now. Try a Dealership for a new pair. I think you are going to have to fit black ones, even the late model A124's had black ones because they ran out of coloured ones during production....??

Last edited:
I think I will try the dealers, sometime you just never know! A mate of mine said I ought to try to get one 3D printed? Food for thought for old parts, not looked into it yet, but I have the tiny metal contacts, they were stuck to the back of the glovebox when I went a rooting :)

I just bought the plastic covers to the sun visit mounts for my R129... £60 the pair. Double ouch!

The picture below is of the broken bit before...

image-1823915063.jpg

^^^ they are available in colour matches... Not sure if they're the same as in my W124

Plenty on eBay just search W124 visor clips

Tricky to fit those - helps if you get new star grip washers.

WDB124066 said:
Tricky to fit those - helps if you get new star grip washers.

This I now know - thanks. I assume mercedes sell the star washer. How do you remove the existing one?

Grit teeth! Yes they do.

bing said:
Plenty on eBay just search W124 visor clips

I found the clips for the free end but not the covers for the hinge end for my R129. Hence the visit to MB parts.

No mate, :) Try a screw driver that you don't want anymore or a steel spike and then grit your teeth

WDB124066 said:
No mate, :) Try a screw driver that you don't want anymore or a steel spike and then grit your teeth

I'm on it. Will order new washers Tuesday when I'm near the dealer.

Go easy on screwing the bracket back to the body, maybe it won't crack again if you just nip it up. With the aid of a suitable grade of Locktite type material it shouldn't undo....

WDB124066 said:
Go easy on screwing the bracket back to the body, maybe it won't crack again if you just nip it up. With the aid of a suitable grade of Locktite type material it shouldn't undo....

I will post a pic if it works. If it doesn't I'll throw the SL's trademark visors in the bin...

That will expose the nicely cracked hood lever covers of which there are no new ones available. We ought to be getting on to MB about having a re-run of some unique to the cabbie stuff. For now it is the cosmetic parts that are hard to get, but hopefully the "on the road" and "stay dry" stuff will always be available.

I am awaiting a bag of star washers to go with the clips and I am hoping to get this done before the end of the week. The dealers don't supply the actual star washers as an item, so I have just gone and ordered a bag of them hoping that one will fit.

I shall be listening to the advice above from WDB124066 - get in amongst them and fight them off! Started with a dremel which got a bit of it done... gave up for the moment until I have the right washers to do the job. I will report back with a photo once (and if) they're up and done.

There is a part number for them, I've got a bunch of them here - somewhere. You know how it is....

edit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom