w124 te rear shock ajustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriss428

Car
w124 230e manual white amg kit+ Yreg W210 E320 Tekiti Grey 7seater hadGina w124 E200te blue 7seater
i was wondering if you can ajust the ride hight on the rear of the estate version on stadard shocks?

cheers chris

You could use thicker spring pads on the rear springs [ the increase achievable depends on just how thick the ones that are on there at the moment ] or heavy duty springs which tend to have a slightly higher ride height. I assume from your post you don't have self levelling rear suspension . Sometimes folks replace the self levelling rear strut system with conventional shockers on the grounds of cost. However they often don't realise that the springs on that "SL " set up are not as strong as on the normal suspension because the hydraulic struts shared some of the spring function. This can lead to ride height problems if they are not changed along with the shocks.

Last edited:
thanks for that tbh i dont actualy know which shocks are on her as havent had her up in the air to investigate was just wondering as the rear is a hell of alot lower then the front so a set of front springs for a quick fix i think lol

thanks for that tbh i dont actualy know which shocks are on her as havent had her up in the air to investigate was just wondering as the rear is a hell of alot lower then the front so a set of front springs for a quick fix i think lol

Could easily be a problem with the self levelling rear suspension then. Its quite a complex system with hydraulic pump/struts and pneumatic spheres but can be repaired at reasonable cost depending on exactly what's wrong. Some bits can be expensive tho and its often the reason owners decide to "move on";) The consensus of the W124 Estate experts is that its best to repair the existing self levelling setup rather than try a conversion to conventional suspension.

ok and as she was cheap new shocks will not be a problem or replacement parts + ilton 3pointed parts are my main dealer lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom