W124 Under bonnet Insulation/Soundproofing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Morecambenz

Car
E280
Mine started to disintegrate/crumble away - the windscreen end of the under-bonnet that sweeps from the battery to the fuse box on the W124, As it is/was quite thick I was wondering if anyone else had replaced it and if so what did they use or would recommend?

The original replacement is about £30 from MB.

If you go for the diesel version it covers the whole underside of the hood rather than just half.

If you go for the diesel version it covers the whole underside of the hood rather than just half.

REALLY!!!! - Bloody hell I never even thought about MB and that's a real bargain for them, will be on the phone on Monday - Thanks loads

I was recently quoted 80 gbp for the same thing by a main dealer, which I hope included vat, but can't be certain of that. If you can get one for 30, post the contact details for the dealer you use!

They are nearer £80. Did ours last year. Make sure you cover the engine with an old sheet or something before removing the old one. It will disintegrate into lots of small pieces. The dealer will also sell you an appropriate glue. I am sure there are plenty of other glues but I could not be bothered looking around.
Ours is petrol and the replacement cover the whole hood.

I have one which I bought for my w124 260e but never fitted it, it covers all under the bonnet, pm me if you're interested:thumb:

I am and I will when I can find the pm button:dk:
Click on the posters name and there is a drop down menu from where you can pm them but until you have 30 posts you cannot use this facility. :(

Yep, got one for my coupe, you get a free foil patch intended for the Turbo :thumb:

Do you have a part number for this? The shorter version.
thanks

No it wont cause any damage without it. I was told it was partly fire retardant as well as noise reducing but this might just be flannel.
Never seen a short one. I think they all have the foil patch now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom