w124 upgraded steering wheel (PICS!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Bloodmoon brought his car around today, to show me the new steering wheel.

Before (from gallery):

300ce24dash.jpg

After:

w124steeringwheel1.jpg

w124steeringwheel2.jpg

w124steeringwheel3.jpg

It took us a few attempts to get the wheel properly aligned ;)

Looks nice doesn't it? :D

It looks absolutely great, reall classy look to it. Mind you, for £70 you could do a lot worse than buying the centre horn pad and bolt it straight onto a standard wheel. (looks like it fits)

How difficult was it to undo the old wheel anyway as I'll be doing the job next week?

Be carefull of the glare from the reflection!

Nice, classey old style. Dont build them like they used too...........(yes I have my slippers on)

Nick, Your friend keeps his car immaculate from inside, ask him for a few tips for you HAHAHAHA

Originally posted by Koolvin
Nick, Your friend keeps his car immaculate from inside, ask him for a few tips for you HAHAHAHA
His car is always clean because he operates a kind of dress-code for passengers! I let all kinds of scruffy people in mine and it gets messy real quick! :(

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Very happy with the wheel - it does spruce up the interior somewhat.

Sp!ke, you will need a finger nail, or a tiny flat head screwdriver to prise the star from the rubber. The horn pad then pulls off revealing a hexagonal nut. For removal of this, I used a fat allen key (12mm perhaps?) and something to give it a bit of initial leverage. The wheel comes off in seconds and goes back on just as easily. Try and put the new wheel on relative to the old one, as I just assumed that my wheels were straight, and had a few tries before it was aligned properly.

The chrome dial surrounds are on order, by the way, and that should complete the interior for now :)

--
Antony

Last edited:
I wasn't sure at first when i read the previous posts pre pics but now we've seen it, well it transforms the interior no end...
Very nice indeed, money well spent..

Photographs are wonderful!.
The Wheel looks superb.

Excellent taste.

Joe

Hi Shude

Where did you get that wheel from its lovely
I want one for my 89TE plus a gear knob.
Do you know what colour wood it is as it looks darker than my current wood.

Cheers

Paul

Originally posted by badshot1uk
Where did you get that wheel from its lovely
I want one for my 89TE plus a gear knob.
Do you know what colour wood it is as it looks darker than my current wood.
The wheel (and car) belongs to bloodmoon, I just posted the pics :)

Here is the thread he posted about buying the wheel:New steering wheel arriving tomorrow!

The wood is described as wurzelholz, it looks a little dark because it is brand new, polished and not faded some of the other interior wood ;) . Check what wood is in your car, if it looks zebra-like it is zebrano wood and you will need to order parts accordingly.

NICE ! Makes you wonder why MB didn't make them standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom