w124 veggie wagon!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

psa

Car
W126, 348GTS, w126, w124, 190e 2.5 16
I need some help and advice on converting my w124 300td to run on wvo! ideally a single tank system!
thanks

OM603 then, snap. Basically you can just pour it in the tank. I would stick to just running a mixture of Diesel and WVO, if it's good WVO.
If it needs help in cold weather just run straight Diesel or get some extra heaters on the fuel line. Nice and simple.

Surly you have to filter it first?

Ideally it wants settling, centrifuging and de-watering before I would call it good...

Aye, it takes time to do it properly. A 'fuge is a bit ott for a OM603, though.

Dewatering uses a fair bit of power, some dewater with misfuel or unleaded @ 5 to 10%.

Up the Cetane with some 2-EHN.

This place is your best resource, Category:Vegetable oil - Biopowered

I think I've got a good source of oil but how do I modify the car to run oil or can I just pour the veggie oil straight in?

No mods needed apart from an extra in line filter. A nice big clear one so you can see if any crud is building up.

See my post above with link..

You don't need to modify it if the IP and injectors are in good condition.
Veg might clean the tank out of old deposit, so have a couple of spare fuel filters, the tools and knowledge to allow you to change one.

No mods needed apart from an extra in line filter. A nice big clear one so you can see if any crud is building up.

Yes, I nearly added that, as they are good before the lift pump, for that reason
Although if not connected adequately they're another source of an air leak..

would i need to add a heated fuel filter before the primary filter?? if so which filter would you recommend?
thanks

would i need to add a heated fuel filter before the primary filter?? if so which filter would you recommend?
thanks

No.
Once the coolant's hot then so is the engine block, IP and fuel filter.

See post 10.

SVO, Straight Vegetable Oil, is new, never before used oil which doesn't need filtering or de-watering.

WVO, Waste vo, is a different kettle of fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom