W124/W210 ECU's.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercMental

Car
W124 320E
Hello everyone, i'm new on the forum here, very nice to meet you all!

Righto my problem is, i'm thinking of changing the engine in my car and having a bit of a dilemma with ECU's.

I have a W124 with an M104.992 engine. I wish to install a 3.6 M104 AMG out of a W210.

The issue lies with, are the ECU's the same? Would the 3.6 ECU plug into my W124, or would i have to use my W124 ECU and copy the map from the 3.6 to my current 3.2?

Also as i have to use the engine wiring from the W210 with the engine install, would that plug into my W124 (if i can't use the 3.2 ECU)?

Just a bit confused as to what I actually need to do to get a 3.6 in my car.

Thank you very much for your time to read, and all answers are much appreciated! Thanks!

Are you asking the question because you don't know if 210 ECU would be available to go with engine ?

It's natural to get the ECU with engine from same car.

There were different generations of ECU for 104 HFM engines.

The main difference was late 95/early 96 (124 change) which had the DAS
ECU, and not compatible with earlier ECU.

DAS = Drive Authorisation.

I'll have the engine, wiring loom and ECU from the 210. All i was wondering is if the 210 components were compatible with the W124.

Thanks

Use the W124 wiring loom on the 3.6 engine, and get the 124 ECU custom remapped to suit the suit the 3.6.
I did exactly this on my C43 when fitting a 55 engine, C43 engine loom and ECU fitted to the 55 engine, though there were some parts of the original 43 engine had to be fitted to the 55 to make it compatible.
You "may" have to uprate the fuel pump as the original standard item might not be up to the fuel delivery demands of the new engine.

Use the W124 wiring loom on the 3.6 engine, and get the 124 ECU custom remapped to suit the suit the 3.6.
I did exactly this on my C43 when fitting a 55 engine, C43 engine loom and ECU fitted to the 55 engine, though there were some parts of the original 43 engine had to be fitted to the 55 to make it compatible.
You "may" have to uprate the fuel pump as the original standard item might not be up to the fuel delivery demands of the new engine.

Is the wiring plug for the W210 engine compatible with the W124 ECU? Basically will it plug straight in? Or are the plugs different etc?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom