w124 Wanted for BBC TV Programme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FILMCARS

We urgently need two mercedes 124 series cars for a BBC tv show.
One must be dark blue and the other metallic green.
Filming is in Glasgow, Scotland in November. We will pay a fee for use of your car and filming will take 1 day. Alternatively we will buy suitable cars for sale. Please contact Film Cars Limited for more info: [email protected], 07867517345.

If it is anything like the Top gear episode where they trashed the Alpha's I dont think you will get many takers!

My E320 coupe is Emerald Green (Looks Blue & Green - with a hint of Black - in the light) ;)
Alas, I'm all the way in the Norfolk and the car's in for a service in the first part of November.

Darren

If it is anything like the Top gear episode where they trashed the Alpha's I dont think you will get many takers!

i've sent off an email to them with detail of my car - but whether they can use it (if indeed they want to) depends on what the program is/for and what they plan to do with it!!

Or the perfectly good W124 they smashed to bits on 5th Gear :eek:

From their website:

October 2008 - Mercedes 124 series Wanted

We are looking for a navy blue Mercedes 280 and a light metallic green Mercedes 300 for a project. If you have a similar car please get in touch.

"project"?

Thank you. I should have said they both must be saloons. It is for a reconstruction for a documentary on the Glasgow airport bombings. 2 senes will need the cars, one will be of it sitting in a garage of a semi-detatched house, the other will be of it driving along the motorway. The vehicles will not be damaged in any way. If you google green mercedes london bombing then you will see a picture of the car we are trying to replicate. The other must be blue. Any ideas let us know. [email protected] Car reg will not be shown.

A fee is payable if an owner wants their car used. It is covered by the BBC Insurance not Film Cars as we are the agent. Please contact us for more information if you have questions, email and number were provided in first post. Thanks. We are happy to buy one and sell it on again after use.

A fee is payable if an owner wants their car used. It is covered by the BBC Insurance not Film Cars as we are the agent. Please contact us for more information if you have questions, email and number were provided in first post. Thanks. We are happy to buy one and sell it on again after use.

Do you want to buy a 1994 Mercedes C280 Sport? :D

Do you want to buy a 1994 Mercedes C280 Sport? :D

Happy to sell my Silver 124 saloon (1995 model) if you want to have it sprayed to the right colour..... and then buy it back

If you google green mercedes london bombing then you will see a picture of the car we are trying to replicate.

Or you could just post a link to it...Like this..

I think borrowing an early (1986 - 1989) W124 in the right colour and in Scotland may be a tall order. ;)

MercedesPA_468x482.jpg

Or you could just post a link to it...Like this..

I think borrowing an early (1986 - 1989) W124 in the right colour and in Scotland may be a tall order. ;)

MercedesPA_468x482.jpg

as i say, if they are willing to respray my silver 124 saloon in that snot green and deal with the rusty wings at the same time, they can use it :D

as i say, if they are willing to respray my silver 124 saloon in that snot green and deal with the rusty wings at the same time, they can use it :D

Snot green !!! That's hilarious !!! :D

MB call it PEarl Green i believe.....Pearls of the nose green!

Janner thanks for posting the picture, that's the car we are trying to replicate. The producer realises the difficulty in finding one this colour so any green would be suitable. Thanks to those who have contacted us directly. We do not have time to paint a car for the shoot so will be unable to buy any in other colours. We are looking at some being sold privately, but if anyone has a blue or green one near Glasgow and would be interested in being involved please let us know within the next few days. Kind regards. Filmcars [email protected]

Janner thanks for posting the picture, that's the car we are trying to replicate. The producer realises the difficulty in finding one this colour so any green would be suitable. Thanks to those who have contacted us directly. We do not have time to paint a car for the shoot so will be unable to buy any in other colours. We are looking at some being sold privately, but if anyone has a blue or green one near Glasgow and would be interested in being involved please let us know within the next few days. Kind regards. Filmcars [email protected]

Hi Filmcars,

My green metallic estate is still available for this if required. I guess you could be clever with camera angles so not identify its an estate...

I'm in edinburgh so could easily get to glasgow.....

Thanks to all those who contacted us and make usefull contributions. We sourced 4 cars locally in the end. Best of luck. Film Cars Limited.

Thanks to all those who contacted us and make usefull contributions. We sourced 4 cars locally in the end. Best of luck. Film Cars Limited.

Let us know when the show will be aired :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom