W124 Water/methanol Injection / ignition live feed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mhuk

Car
w124 300td
W124 Water/methanol Injection / ignition live feed
Hi all,

I run veg oil on my W124 300TD. I have installed my devils own methanol pump and some of the wiring along with the relay.

I need a ignition live feed to complete the install. The pump is located in the boot in the place which housed the first air kit (moved that)

Are there any ignition live feeds in the boot? I found a live feed which is always on.

Otherwise where under the bonnet might I find one? I'm really bad with wiring so thought it best to seek out the forums help.

I'm looking to steam clean my engine internerals. My kit was used with great success with my supercharged mx5 (course it was for lowering intake temps mainly)

Many thanks

Martin

Just a thought but could you piggy back off the fuel pump power supply. It would have the advantage of being in concert with everything fuel system related; electrical failure of any part of which would immediately shut the complete 'fuel' system down. This approach would greatly simplify error trapping if a fault occurs/fuse blows/relay packs up.

Joe. That is a great idea! So where is that relay ? lol I will be connecting a switch to the throttle somewhere so injection will only happen at the higher revs. :)

Sorry for the belated reply, been out of the country. Rather than go to the relay (it sits behind the battery) I would connect to the power supply terminal on the fuel pump directly.

Another quick thought, instead of triggering it yourself what about using the the EVAP valve trigger. This only opens when the engine is in 'closed loop' (ECU receives signal from coolant temperature sensor the the engine is fully warmed up). Furthermore I think I am right in saying that the EVAP only opens (signal from the ECU) when revs are greater than 3000. THe opening of the E|VPA valve allows air to purge the stored fuel vapours stored in the charcoal canister located behind the near side wheel arch splash shield. This possibly would allow automatic injection engagement only when the engine is warmed and in the right rev range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom