W124 Wheel fittament:- checked sticky, PLEASE ADVISE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillsl500

Car
E30 325i cabrio
Hi there chaps,

I'm looking at buying some OZ Carlsson 3/6 wheels for my w124 coupe e220. The fronts are et35 which correlates to the et in the sticky link. But the rears don't match up. In the link its says et28 and the ones I'm looking at buying are et43 for the rears.

Here are the exact wheel details:-

OZ Carlsson 3\6 18"
front 8 1/2 JXI 8H2 Et 35 (1" lip)
rear 10 JXI 8H2 Et 43 (2.5" lip)
DIA 66.6
PCD 5-112

So my question is, will these wheels fit? Will I need to adjust anything to accommodate them?

I have no idea how et etc works, I've tried reading links but still doesn't make sense in my head....

Much appreciated and many thanks

Last edited:
I think you may have trouble with these unless you have rolled and widened arches.

The fronts will fit but the chart I see says Carlsson wheels need wider arches.
The rears will need a 15mm hubcentric spacer to move the back of the wheel away from the caliper/shock absorber. Unfortunately this may push the wheel against the arch. You'll also need rear wheelbolts 15mm longer.
Have a look at the chart below and assess for yourself. The above is only my opinion and not gospel.

Attachments

• W124 ET.JPG
    W124 ET.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 6
Amgeed - many thanks for the reply pal.

I will defiantly have a look at the chart, if the arches need to be rolled and pulled, is this easy enough to do?

Amgeed - many thanks for the reply pal.

I will defiantly have a look at the chart, if the arches need to be rolled and pulled, is this easy enough to do?

A good body shop should be able to do it without cracking the paint.

9.5" wide is the max for the rear of a w124 even with rolled arch'es, 10" wide will need major surgery to accommodate.

9.5" wide is the max for the rear of a w124 even with rolled arch'es, 10" wide will need major surgery to accommodate.

I see, but as the wheels I'm looking to buy are 3 piece split rims...it should be easy enough to adjust the width of them by changing the barrel or lip for a lower depth...right??

Thanks

Not disagreeing with you but the Alloywheels Direct chart I posted above shows genuine Carlsson rear wheels 18x10j ET27:dk:

Not disagreeing with you but the Alloywheels Direct chart I posted above shows genuine Carlsson rear wheels 18x10j ET27:dk:

I think they have missed "wide wheel arch" from the box on the right side, you can fit a 10" rear on an e500 but not a normal w124.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom