w124: where do you keep the owners wallet, I have no glovebox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jazzdude

Car
Mercedes W124 320ce Cabriolet
As the title says, without a glovebox, where do you keep the wallet with the manuals and service booklet?

It wont fit under the front seats because of the electrics under there, the door pockets are too short so half of it sticks out.

My old Audi had a slot under the steering wheel for this and for an 'over engineered' car it seems to be an afterthought if you have to put up with this fat wallet sliding about the floor.

Is there somewhere else?

I know about the service booklet in my cab, it's the rest of it I don't know where to keep.

:)

Thats just the service book.

No I am talking about the whole folder which goes in the door pocket. On the cab and coupe there is an additional slot in the passenger door pocket with a clear perspex cover where you can put the service booklet with the next service interval showing

Have you got the model with that essential option which everyone seems to like?

I think they call it a 'boot' in UK markets.

Fit a documents storage net in the front footwell, then put it in there.

I tried a spot in the boot and it seems to work.

There is an elastic strap on the right side, under the filler cap area that seems to hold the wallet vertically and quite well, so perhaps that is where the powers at MB intended for it to go.

Unless of course it is meant for something else.

There is an elastic strap on the right side, under the filler cap area that seems to hold the wallet vertically and quite well, so perhaps that is where the powers at MB intended for it to go.

My cab has a first aid kit there.

That strap is for the first aid kit:thumb:

Mine is sat right in front of me on the computer desk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom