W124 wide angle door mirror glass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chilsta

Car
'94 S124 E300D
Has anyone got any experience with this or similar? I'd really like to get wide angle glass on my O/S mirror and £7 delivered seems a reasonable price.

eBay link

Thanks for the link. I have just bought one!!!

I got a bit of G3 powder on my mirror and G3 and mirrors do not get on! so I needed a replacement glass.

Will let you know what its like if you can wait that long.

Ah good- hope it works out for you.

I'm in no rush, so it would be great if you could report back. I'm interested to know whether the main part of the mirror behaves the same as the stock glass and the wide angle section fills in the blind spot properly.

Report back.

Let me be totally honest.

This is a stick on mirror!! You cannot connect it to the housing as you would a Mercedes replacement. It is slightly smaller than the mirror it replaces.

For seven quid it does the job (of looking backwards) if you have something of the origional mirror to stick it to that is. Not sure how long it would take to get "hot" and clear frost off it in the coming winter months.

It does have the "split screen" as advertised, not stuck it on yet so can not report back on the "angle of the dangle" as it were.

You pays your money and takes your pick.

Out on the motorway today. Blind spot just as a car is sat on your off side rear quarter is gone. (Still look over my shoulder prior to a lane change though)
Mirror being a "stick on" did not clear as speedily as normal this morning, frosty morning could be grim.
So was it worth 7 quid including the postage. At this stage a resounding yes but that is just my opinion.
Again thanks for the link chilsta.

Thanks very much for being the mirror guinea pig John.

Following your comments I think I might give it a try. I would be very happy to lose that blind spot!

I wonder whether it would be possible to remove the factory glass and replace it with this mirror to get better heat transfer. Shame they couldn't get it the right size- (how difficult can that be?!) Fortunately I've not broken a mirror to see the factory set up of the heating element and the glass and whether a swap could work, does anyone know if that sounds feasible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom