W124 Wind Deflector --feedback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plumspitfire

Car
W124 E220 Cabriolet
Along with many others, I suspect, I have been looking for an original wind deflector for my 97 E220 Cab for some time, but they all seem to be stored alongside the supplies of rocking horse manure,
Has anybody bought a decent aftermarket one of these which uses the original fittings,(not interested in drilling)?
Any feedback, positive or negative, would be much appreciated

Try this man, if he can't get a Genuine new one no one can - honestly. He is also one of the men to talk to re getting MB to remanufacture them....

[email protected]

Don't know of any aftermarket ones, let me know how you get on, could do with another one.

Thanks for that.
This particular deflector, (at least one using the same pictures), is available on several sites, and involves drilling with spring fit `pegs` locating the main pivot, rather than the original style which rests on the top surface and is held down with a spring clip which locates into existing slot in the panel

These guys seem to have the closest to original spec, but I cannot find any independent feedback. Has anybody here bought from them?

Mercedes Benz Wind Deflectors - Wind Deflectors - Just Mercedes Car Covers

Clicking on the `fitting instructions` link shows what I was trying to describe

Fixings aside, the genuine deflectors have shorter upright sections, which enables a less encumbered view through your rear view mirror, which may be something else worth considering in its favour. They do pop up on ebay, so keep your eyes peeled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom