W124 wings - no rust please... Hen's Teeth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blondebier

As the title says, I am after some GENUINE Merc wings for my 230TE.

I'd rather not buy them new if I can help it, so if you've got some solid rust-free wings kicking about I'd be really happy to take them off your hands. If they are Astral Silver Metallic(paint code 735), I'd be an even happier man! :D

Methinks I may be in for a long wait though...

As the title says, I am after some GENUINE Merc wings for my 230TE.

I'd rather not buy them new if I can help it, so if you've got some solid rust-free wings kicking about I'd be really happy to take them off your hands. If they are Astral Silver Metallic(paint code 735), I'd be an even happier man! :D

Methinks I may be in for a long wait though...

try ebay - or another merc breaker. Should be a good amount about. If they have been fitted to a car already then even pattern parts should fit OK.....

i got one for mine (more or less rust free) for.... wait for it..... 99p! it turned out to be a fellow forum member aswell. OK, it was a bargain - i'd expect to pay about £30 for a decent 2nd hand one usually. Probably be easier in the long run to respray it.

Thanks. I've had a look around on ebay etc. and most breakers say all panels good EXCEPT the the front wings. Grrr. Mine aren't too bad I have to be honest, but I'd rather do a proper job and get it done right the first time.

I was hoping to find some GENUINE new ones for a little less than the £170 that MB are after.

blondebier said:
I was hoping to find some GENUINE new ones for a little less than the £170 that MB are after.

Well that's good news. I was told they were £3-400 (!)

I'll go and order some of those then.

PJ

Well that's good news. I was told they were £3-400 (!)

I'll go and order some of those then.

PJ

Sorry - I meant that was £170 each... :crazy:

Latest price for later 124 wings is £187 plus VAT = £219 (in round figs)

Must be increases of metal prices due to world demand - our cars must be increasing in value now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen a car with hadrian panels front wings fitted and it looked fine, it had a pair fitted so I suppose any differences wouldn't show, I was going to put them on mine.

Phil

That looks like a W123 wing to me....... I could be wrong though...

They will be.... See Nick's Sig...
Thanks.

It would appear that these do not have holes in the sides for the indicator repeaters. That's probably not a problem for the bodyshop, but has got me wandering if MB did them with holes in them already...?

It looks like my current repeaters are just glued on to the side.

Thanks.

It would appear that these do not have holes in the sides for the indicator repeaters. That's probably not a problem for the bodyshop, but has got me wandering if MB did them with holes in them already...?

It looks like my current repeaters are just glued on to the side.

MB did them with holes from 1986 onwards.

apparently, MB Germany do not now supply them with the repeater holes pre-cut....but i could be wrong on that one.

Most bodyshops can do it no problem.

They are available with or without holes. The part number is slightly different, just add 2 to the third digit from the right.

just spoke to parts....they no longer come with holes on the w126 wings...w124's will get the same treatment very shortly.

talbir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom