W124 wishbone nearside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slav4o1

W124 wishbone nearside - i hit a kerb and i need a new wishbone , brand new is 125 quid if anybody has got a second hand one please PM me or ring me with a price 07921462885.

Is the £125 from the main dealer? I got a new wishbone for about £70.00 a while back from an A1 motorstore my mate is the manager of a couple of stores, so I got a bit of discount, I wouldn't of thought it was that much of a discount though.

I went to a mechanic straight away and he rang few numbers and it was quoted 125 i do not thing it was the dealer.

Not sure but some lower wishbones come complete with the bottom ball joint and maybe the inner bushes as well. The presence or absence of these would make a difference to the price. You will probably have to get the front suspension set up accurately again after an impact like that- the inner bushes have eccentric bolts for that. Are you sure its not just the bottom outer ball joint that's gone since they can be replaced separately. Those bottom wishbones are pretty tough so it must have taken some impact. The proper replacement ball joint from MB is less than £20. something like this for a 300 petrol http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GM=717.433&CT=F&cat=15S&SID=33&SGR=030&SGN=01 item 62

Last edited:
The mechanic looked at it and said it was badly bent, the whole front wheel went backwards and was touching the plastic trim, i took the wheel off and nothing looked broken but it was obvious it moved back, i hope the wishbone will come with all i need but i will just have to wait .

ok i will get that as well just in case ? anything else that could have suffered?

Best to have a look first- The roll bar is quite substantial so the most likely scenario is that the mountings 035 in the diagram are bent back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom