W124 with just 26,000m at... £1995 - huh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats also quite a nice number plate for transfer to another car ;)

If it were closer to me I would definitely check that baby out :)

it would be worth ringing them up to ask who moted it and phone the mot center to see if the mileage is right or not because i found mercedes in the scrap yard with the mileage 17000 miles on the clock but it did not look like 17000

if there is service history go for it but no service history be careful

Probably a funeral directors car. Worth a look.

If it is it will probably have been garaged all its life, that would make it a really good buy that would give years of service.
Its either a cracker or a knacker, theres nothing in between

Best bet is to run a RAC data check on the car and put the mileage in the request box and see what comes up...it only costs £5 to do the check.

Its worth doing as its quite common for W124 speedos to play up, ie the mileometer can seize and whilst you can fix them, many garages will just swap a new one in and pass on the cost to the customer.

I would therefore want evidence that this car has done a genuine mileage or could it also be a dealer playing silly beggers and the real mileage is 124,000....you get a lot of people missing off the first digit on autotrader to move their listing up the page and when you phone them, they claim its a typo....very annoying.

If its a genuine 24,000, then its an absolute snip at £1995

it shows the clock on the photo shows 26k but if it has not got back up with history it's just a clean 220 w124 so slash a grand off

I live less than 2 miles away, so if I get time, I'll pop along at the weekend (travelling away all week).

What are the questions I am to ask, apart from:
- what does the service history look like
- what would be a more realistic price
- how many owners (for that mileage, I would be surprised if it is more than 2)
- ???

Tim

I live less than 2 miles away, so if I get time, I'll pop along at the weekend (travelling away all week).

What are the questions I am to ask, apart from:
- what does the service history look like
- what would be a more realistic price
- how many owners (for that mileage, I would be surprised if it is more than 2)
- ???

Tim
any stiff's in the boot:D

hi

did you ever view the car?

if so what were the details?

cheers

Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom