W124 wood/leather steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup your right SilverSaloon:

''THE STEERING WHEEL IS AN ORIGINAL MERCEDES WITH A WALLNUT COVER ON TOP WHICH I BOUGHT FROM A 3rd PARTY.''

on these Non-button wheels (ie 124, 202, pre-facelift 210 etc) if its the same shape insert on the wheel as your current one then it should fit. you may need to ensure the new wheel has the inner parts included (ie the contact metal parts for the horn press etc). The one pictured from ebay DOES NOT ahve these inner bits.... so you will be relying on the current wheel's parts to fit the new wheel's.

i have fitted two of these. One was a perfect match, easy.

the 2nd that came from a 202 required slight alteration to the wiring to fit on my 124.

the difference between my two is that one has the bolts for the "inner bits" threaded in, the other is a bolt on affair.

Either way i am sure they could be drilled to fit if really needed, or a 2nd hand airbag sourced from ebay to match.

I actually have an airbag for sale if anyone needs one!!

i could do a how to on how to fit these wheels if anyone's interested..... its pretty simple though, once you've got the bloody great bolt out!!

Last edited:
You'll find a much better selection of wheels on ebay if you log onto ebay.de rather than UK and search for Mercedes LENKRAD. ;)

The seller in the original post is klp2008ymail. Is that KLP92 (Nav) from this forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom