W124s front coil springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roastbeef

Car
mercedes190e w124s
Hi all just had front coil springs changed as one was found Tobe broken on the mot test unfortunately I think they got them from euro c p and they told me they fitted two sets as the first set the front sat to hi the second set still sitting higher than before but they reckon they may settle in a week or so what's your opinions any one found this to be true when you have changed your front springs ? They have said if it don't improve or I'm not happy if they don't settle they will Change them for free if I buy them from mercedes and give me a refund on the springs I've got fitted at the moment cheers all in advance:thumb::thumb:

Hi
I had a couple of ecp springs fitted to my 211they did sit high for about a week and then settled I also had a 1 cm height difference between the two side but it all settled ok. Didi you get the same color banding to match your original springs as without this it might sit high due to incorrect weight loading

I don't know if they got the right colour banding but I did talk to mercs about there springs and he did mention this but could apparently work this out with just the chassis number ? but gets confusing now I'm the 3rd owner of this car I bought it of my manager he got it of a friend who ordered it direct from Germany the merc Man said it was ordered as a taxi cool box in boot and the extra heating system fitted none of these are there and apparently there are packing pieces on front and rear springs and you can only find out which ones you need once you strip them out

You can see the nibs/burls hang down from the bottom of the rubber pads which sit on the top of all the springs.

Turn the front wheels to extreme lock and use a torch to see the nibs.

One nib is thinnest pad and the more nibs the thicker the pad.

let us know what you find and we can then make suggestions.

Ok will do but probably won't get a chance till Tuesday but cheers every one I will report back Tuesday

MB-Genuine springs tend to be cheap, sometimes it just isn't worth the hassle of going aftermarket on things like this....

Fine tuning of the ride height is done by using different thickness pads as mentioned, but my feeling is start with the proper spring. Springs don't tend to settle much at all, my experience 3 mm max.

Had a look today found the fronts to have 3 nibs that's what looked like 3 cutaways and 4 longer bits hanging down couldn't see nothing on the rears ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom