w124TE 5 seater to 7 seater????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mekon

Car
BMW 318is Coupé, Honda VFR 400 NC24, Honda magna 700
Hey folks,
The mother has got herself a lovely white w124 230TE 5 seater, but with the increasing number of children that dont drive and have their own kids (not me i hasten to add, im far too sensible to have children :p ) more seats are necessary. Does anybody know how much it would cost to get it converted to a 7 seater? and if many places are able/qualified to do the job? Obviously dont want some hack doing it as safety is at stake.

Thanks for any help

Hey folks,
The mother has got herself a lovely white w124 230TE 5 seater, but with the increasing number of children that dont drive and have their own kids (not me i hasten to add, im far too sensible to have children :p ) more seats are necessary. Does anybody know how much it would cost to get it converted to a 7 seater? and if many places are able/qualified to do the job? Obviously dont want some hack doing it as safety is at stake.

Thanks for any help

all the mounting points are already on the car - you need a scrap estate to get the bits out of to do it yourself (ensuring the trim is the same colours etc).

or there are companies who retrofit these - but i'd go for a scrapper. Easy to fit yourself i believe.

take your time and ensure all the "new" bits are not broken etc - ie seatbelt webbing etc and just bolt securly into place.

see here:

http://www.luxury7.co.uk/mercedes.html

and here:

http://www.w124.co.uk/7-seater.html

and also i believe 124works (IanBWalker on here) may also be able to offer this service?

Last edited:
trim colour matters not, car has a grey cloth interior at the min but we are about to swap the seats for the "mushroom" leatherette in our old 200T cos with small children cloth is a bad idea...... leatherette just wipes off :p

thanks for the info. when do you think you would be selling your car 300d and for approx how much?

Thanks

kaush

I've done plenty of these. You need to change the floor panels so make sure the donor car has the correct carpet colour. The only caveat is that you have to have every part before you start - do not buy a kit that's missing any bits as they'll be either impossible or extortionately expensive to locate

The biggest swine is fitting the n/s belt reel. There is a knack to doing it without putting dents in the quarter panel. The rear trims over the wheelarches are also difficult to remove

You'll need a big hammer and block of wood to align the floor panel hinges just right

If you do it carefully it's impossible to see it's a retrofit

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

thanks for the info. when do you think you would be selling your car 300d and for approx how much?

Thanks

kaush

Not sure yet. It has rusty wings and the paint has flaked off the rear AMG spoiler. I'm fitting new wings and getting the boot & spoiler sprayed prior to sale. I'm open to offers though ;) Car has a good service history with reciepts etc. Its not available yet though - in a few months.

How much do u charge for doing the conversions? I dont like needing a knack to not dent the car.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom