W126 300SE 1991 Pearl Blue with Grey Leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi & 2001 W208 CLK230K (SORN since 2008)
I am selling my much loved car. If you are seriously looking for one of these then I will not go into detail about this car as the car itself needs no introduction.

This is a 1991 300SE W126. It is Pearl Blue with grey leather interior. It has a sunroof, electric windows and runs like a dream for a car thats 20 years old. The insurance falls under classic.

The pictures speak for themselves but I am not hiding the fact it needs a few body repairs here and there. The two front wings could benefit with being replaced and there are odd patches where surface bubbles are appearing. Its not as bad as some I have seen. The chrome inserts in the bumpers could do with replacements and as for the front drivers chrome this definitely needs replacing as its completely gone.

The interior is fantastic for a car that has almost 145k on the clock. The cars previous owner did not have much of a service history and most of the work like oil changes and prop shaft couplings have been done by myself. New plugs, distributer cap and leads. The petrol gauge is a bit erratic as the needle jumps about, but the reserve light comes on when its needed and because I only used it on local journeys it never bothered me. The comfort is second to none.

The road tax will run out end of May 2012 and the MOT is due December 14 2012.
I am open to offers in the £900 area but I may consider a reasonable offer. The car is being used and is located in Hampshire.

I have created a downloadable PDF file that has about 45 pictures of the car. Click the following link and it will download to your computer. The is a picture showing the key in position 2 to show all the lights work like the abs and brake lights and when started they don't stay on to warn there are any errors.

Its had 5 former owners so I would be No. 6. The electric roof works perfectly, the aerial does need replacing. I had the belt replaced along with one of the fly wheels and the hot and cold air work like a dream, This was one of the main points I checked when I bought the car as I know first hand the work involved in replacing the matrix. Wiper and headlight wipers work. Car does not have air conditioning. It has cruise control which works perfectly and the engine and gearbox run smoothly. Drivers door window has developed a knocking sound where the motor has come loose from the fixtures, but the motor works fine and the window does go up and down. Only electrical part the car needs is the aerial. I have also had a brand new fuel pump relay fitted less than 2 months ago.

If you have any questions let me know I will do my best to answer.

http://www.violetsky.co.uk/W126300SE_91_LR2.pdf.zip

If you copy and paste this link in your browser it will ask you where to open or save the PDF file. You may be able to just click the link.

I may put this back on eBay but once I take away the commission it works out to £50 so I am asking £850 before I place the advert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom