W126 300se 1992 Price guide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johny342

Car
Mercedes E Class w211 3.2 V6 / Skoda Octavia Tdi 2007
Ive got chance of a W126 300SE 1 owner with 89k on the clock needs a new wing apart from that very tidy indeed. meant to be one of the last registered in the uk according to Merc. Interior is Immaculate cream leather. Merc has offered £1000 in part ex! Is it worth a bit more than this? i could be tempted!!:thumb:

A 90k-mile W126 needing a new wing (and it's certain to need other odds and ends too due to its age) is worth no more than £1000. Depending on the length of tax and MOT it could be worth considerably less.

Its got 12 months mot but only 4 months tax its Bornit metallic and full Merc History. Suppose i could always break it?

If one wing needs doing so does the other-unless it's already been done, the worst hidden rust will be under the rear window.
When I bought mine I did the one wing-the other had already been done, and swore other than tyres and routine servicing I'd do nothing else...and two years and 45k miles later that's about it, the cheapest two years motoring ever even allowing for the 20 mpg.
For a grand what have you to lose and you'll always turn a few (motor) heads where ever you arrive.

One wing has been done at mercedes with gen wing and i have checked they have the other side in stock. At the same time he had both front and rear bumpers done too. i drove it last night and it goes really well I must admit was impressed with the comfort and how smooth it was! Thanks stevie:thumb:

Nice colour combination too.......

Last edited:
Thats what i liked when i saw it! Only went round to pick some dexion up and saw the car! He wasnt happy that they offered that against a 30k C class!!

One wing has been done at mercedes with gen wing and i have checked they have the other side in stock. At the same time he had both front and rear bumpers done too. i drove it last night and it goes really well I must admit was impressed with the comfort and how smooth it was! Thanks stevie:thumb:

Buy it! :thumb:

Sounds very reasonable - W126 values can only go up from here as they are getting rarer and rarer .

A 300 is the most economical model to run ; if it is basically sound then it is something of a bargain at that price .

Going back tonight to have another look over it.

Easily worth more than 1k to the right person. I'd snap it up, the 300's seem to be selling well of late.
You can check the usual rust areas, but at that price it is what it is. Under the rear window, and where the drain tube exits in the front wheel arch. Wings are easy to do, the arches often have blisters. It sounds a nice car so far though, nice colour too.

Take a look in the cars for sale section. I'm trying to help sell a one-owner W126 260SE manual on behalf of the family of a deceased Mercedes-Benz Club member. It has an insurance valuation of £3,000 and was recently independently valued by a motor trader at £2500 - so at £1,000 the 300SE seems well undervalued. If the car runs and drives well, snap it up.

Just spoke to the owner and it had the footwell drain done four years ago at mercedes they had the car over a week! should i go for genuine wing or pattern? seen as they all rust!

So this one is prob worth it. he said the wing bumpers and fitting etc came to £1100 last year. The leather is Immaculate so is the trim. one alooy has a slight kerb mark! said his wife did it!!

Oops Alloy!!!

Registered 1/08/1992 on a K plate. Still on Private Plate at the min.

Yeah the chrome for the bumpers costs a bleeding fortune on its own. I think a new wing is over £300 just to buy from MB.

I bought a non running 420 and used SO many bits for my car, transferred the private plate. And sold a lot of the rest, car cost £300 and the rest made me over £1500. So a very worthwhile purchase, it was a nice car but the timing chain had slipped.
300's cost less to maintain than the V8's too. You can't go far wrong really.

Bit the bullitt ang went for it! Pick it up in two weeks when the plate is sorted! Think ive got lots of Cleaning etc to do!! thanks for all the Advice everyone:thumb:

Bit the bullitt ang went for it! Pick it up in two weeks when the plate is sorted! Think ive got lots of Cleaning etc to do!! thanks for all the Advice everyone:thumb:

Well done. It honestly sounds like a nice genuine car. Pure class, actually imo. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom