W126 300SE - Most annoying advert ever!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, dire advert - just couldn't read it all. Oil pressure seems spot on at that engine temp.

Painful advert.

I have no experience with the 6 cylinders.

But both my V8s(M116 and M119) sit at around 80 degrees temp wise, maybe 85 when very hot and pushed hard and oil pressure doesnt drop much below 2 when hot.

I wouldnt go near it personally but might be wrong

1988 F REG
MERCEDES BENZ
300SE CLASSIC
‘3.0
***************************************************************************************************************
AUTOMATIC
TOP-OF-THE-RANGE
****************************************************************************************************
4 Door Luxury Saloon
IN ORIGINAL SOLID GREEN METALLIC MODEL VERY RARE

ONE OF THE VERY BEST
‘300SE s’ PRIME EXAMPLE!

***************************************************************************************

*FAIRLY GOOD*
*CONDITION*
Nice example for its age,Inside & Out

**************************************************************************************************************************

*INCREDIBLE*
*PERFORMANCE*
*COMPLETE LUXURY*
***************************************************************************************

*FULL*
*FOLDER OF RECEIPTS & INVOICES**

*****************************************************************************************************************
ULTRA HIGH SPEC LUXURY SALOON
CONTRAST STITCHED LEATHER DASH
FULL CREAM SPORT LEATHER

This is a classic Mercedes-Benz W126 S-Class . A well documented example, this 300 SE defies its age. The quality of this Mercedes must be seen to be believed. The Chrome looks like its on a year old car and not a 24 year old one. All of the body panels are original and the paint is beautiful. The leather litterally shows average signs of age as does the carpets, dash, headliner, door panels, and wood. To step inside this car is like stepping back in time. The quality that Mercedes-Benz built into these car far surpasses anything built today. This car is both elegant and beautiful, its design is ageless.

1988 was a pivitol year for the S-Class. The lower body was redesigned as were the alloy wheels. Mercedes made the car look more streamlined as well as sporty yet elegant. Inside the redesigned seats offer optimum comfort. The door panels looked elegant and completed in the interior redesign. The cream leather and the walnut wood look especially nice in this example.

Mechanically this car is as excellent as it is cosmetically. The 6 cylinder engine is incredibly smooth and quiet. While being a great cruiser it also offers tremendous economy considering this car age and wieght. Every function works as it should and is all original with the exception of the radio. The previous owner replaced it with an Sony AM-FM CD player

12v Engine Original Alloys
Fully Loaded & All Electrics
Electric Seats & Sunroof
Cd Changer

* ORIGINAL STEERING WHEEL*

**MOT**
**OCT 2013**

* TOP SPEED 131 MPH*
*188 BHP*
*4 SPEED AUTOMATIC *
*********************************************************************************************************
*Genuine classic *
*RETRO BUT PROPER 80S CLASSIC AS THIS MODEL HAS BEEN FEATURED IN *EASTENDERS *

*********************************************************************************************************

100% HPI Clear
Loads of Specification
Stunning Luxury Family Saloon
BEST COLOUR COMBINATION

***********************************************************************************************
ONLY
129,000 MILES
GUARANTEED GENUINE MILEAGE
**80S CLASSIC**ORIGINAL ALLOYS**SOLID CHAMPAGNE GREEN****

MOT 10TH OCTOBER 2013

(Only £123.75 for Six Months

** Please see my 100% Sellers Feedback and buy with Confidence**
**Please read the ‘About Me’ Section at the bottom of the listing**

Any Questions Call 07779933660

Thanks for taking a look at this classic but rare Mercedes Benz 300SE Auto in solid champagne Green, 3.0 AUTOMATIC this car is very rare and hard to find as most models of this spec are found outside of Europe and Southeast Asia and has original mercedes alloy wheels. This car has just come from ex patriot who has just emmigrated to Spain and has kept it in the family for a few good years! As the car has quite a few old Mots from the previous keeper who has since emigrated to Spain!

Having driven this car for a few times, without reservation, say that the drive of this car has totally surprised me i have driven rare classics and being an avid Bmw enthusiast it has got of taste and appeal!!!
The engine purrs like a Siamese Cat and has a 4 speed automatic gearbox, driving around town people just stop and look and think where have they seen this car before as it popular model in this spec and range i cannot fault this car but have to admit defeat and say Mercedes are known for the best build luxury but not on this sheer scale!

*PREVIOUS OWNER FROM – PLEASE READ**
According to the previous owner this has been kept in the family for a long time and has been regularly looked after and well maintained at no expense by previous owner who decided to emigrate overseas and realising the car needed much loved looking after and attention to which he couldn’t commit!!!

First let me start by saying that however nice you are hoping this car is going to be....
The car is presented to you nice CONDITION both inside and out!! (there are a number of ‘sub-standard’ Mercedes Benz 300SE AUTOS for sale out there – please allow me this opportunity to assure you that this one really is ‘A Cut Above The Rest’ in terms of overall condition!)

**Please Note**
I would also like to point out that it is the CHEAPEST MERCEDES BENZ 300SE AUTO 129000 GENUINE MILES Hpi clear supplied with full report free of charge of which normally costs £25.

**BAD POINTS**
As this car is over 20 YEARS OLD, I thought I would get the ‘bad points’ out of the way first as they are so minor! The alloy wheels are totally original, overall the exterior of the body for a car this age you can actually tell how well it has been looked after Everything else is as expected, ……
Point 1 - Usual wear and tear on the bodywork, with a tiny bit of rust coming through on the rear arches ( and i do mean tiny ) 2 - Near side shock slightly squeaky, could do with replacement ( around £40 part ) 3 - Slight wear on the front arm rest, as well as drivers seat ( as you would expect !) 4 - Sunroof intermittent 5 - One tyre close to limit ( maybe needs replacing ) and i think thats about it really ! Very reasonable for a car of this age and mileage!

Please continue to read the advert in full for a complete description but here are some of the most important things that you will want to consider;
1. The EXTERIOR OF THIS CAR, FINISHED IN SOLID GREEN, IS SIMPLY SUPERB FOR THE AGE AND MILEAGE!
2. The interior is in ‘good CONDITION’ with the FULL ‘CREAM leather
3. The car runs and drives perfectly – it feels great on the road and the engine is smooth, quiet and very powerful!
4. This car has full electric seats with leather, electric sunroof and central locking and PAS!
5 All parts have been original Mercedes Benz parts hence the reason of condition and drive of this classic.
6. The specification is almost endless and the car benefits from a ‘FULL CREAM LEATHER, ELECTRIC SEATS AND SUNROOF WITH CD PLAYER.
7. This is A ‘Prime Example’ and sought after 300 SE 12V 188 BHP VERSION and has a top speed of 131 mph.
8. The car has MOT until October 2013 READY FOR YOU TO DRIVE AWAY!
9. All original alloys and first aid kit !!

10. This Mercedes 300SE has the original genuine Mercedes mirrors from when it left the factory which is very rare and unheard for a prime example of a car with this much spec and age.

Except as expressly mentioned above you will not find a mark on the exterior much bigger than a stone chip and the CREAM LEATHER INTERIOR IS IN nice CONDITION FOR A CAR OF THIS AGE AND MILEAGE.

Not only is the car presented in good physical condition and is fitted with all the extra’s!!

All of this and it is ULTRA HIGH SPEC and features what is arguably the VERY BEST 12V ENGINE THAT MERCEDES BENZ HAVE EVER MADE ON THEIR CURRENT LINE UP OF CARS!

The ‘300SE AUTO 12V Engine is perhaps one of the very best ‘Big Engines’ in ANY CAR EVER!
Producing a MIND BLOWING 188 BHP whilst still maintaining class leading fuel consumption and CO2 Emissions it is a superbly reliable unit that you can be sure to keep you going for many miles to come!

After driving this car a few times i wish i was a 80s person if i was older or been famous in the 80s this would have been the ultimate chioce I really couldn’t differentiate between this and a new car (by the way it felt). I think that maybe in part due to the ‘CREAM LEATHER LUXURY SPECIFICATION which gives the car a much more ‘modern’ feel to it than most of the competition. Well there is that and the fact that the Sumptuous Cream Leather Seats are so comfortable it makes cruising around town whilst members of the public just staring and thinking where they have seen this type of car before!

HIGHLY REGARDED MERCEDES BENZ 300SE AUTO 4 SPEED AUTOMATIC GEAR BOX, FULL CREAM LEATHER, ELECTRIC PACK, ELECTRIC SEATS, ELECTRIC WINDOWS, ELECTRIC SUNROOF, ORIGINAL ALLOYS, INTERIOR SPOTLESS, HANDBRAKE, AND MUCH, MUCH MORE ARE JUST SOME OF THE EXTRAS YOU WILL FIND ON THIS FANTASTIC CAR!!! If this is the car for you act quick to avoid disappointment!

It is difficult to get ‘FULL SIZE’ photo’s displayed here on eBay but if you send a message with your email address I will be happy to send you the original pictures for your viewing pleasure! J

**Please note;THIS A RARE MERCEDES BENZ 300SE 12 V 4 SPEED AUTO IN SOLID GREEN WITH ORIGINAL ALLOYS .
If you are looking for a VERY WELL PRICED, LUXURIOUS, SPACIOUS, WELL SPECIFIED, TOP-OF-THE-RANGE &RARE AND EXOTIC HIGH POWERED MERCEDES BENZ 300SE AUTO SUPER SMOOTH SPORTS SALOON WITH MOT ALL THE WAY TO OCT 2013 then you really need look no further!!!!

Here is my report from the drive of the car;
There is absolutely NO juddering of the steering wheel, No pulling to the left or right, NO funny noises ( apart from whats listed above ) from the engine, the car drives NICE, TIGHT, SMOOTH AND VERY, VERY QUICK!
The SUPERB FULLY AUTOMATIC GEAR BOX IS SLICK, SMOOTH AND OPERATING PERFECTLY. The braking is 100% excellent.The car starts first time easily with the ‘turn of a key’ and no need to press the accelerator. On tick over the engine is both quiet (amazingly so!) and smooth and does not move unduly around the rev range. The general feel when driving the car is REALLY SUPERB AND MUCH, MUCH BETTER THAN ITS PRICE TAG WOULD SUGGEST! The turning circle the steering has to offer and the light Power steering makes less effort needed for a car of this age and condition. There are no warning lights on the dashboard at all.

Inside the car is in COMPLETELY ‘good’ CONDITION for its age and mileage. There areABSOLUTLEY NO SERIOUS SIGNS OF WEAR and certainly no pieces of trim hanging off, no broken bits of plastic, no holes in the dashboard everything is where it should be. The stereo is a cd player that benefits an electric aerial which pops up and down
The dashboard and ALL THE BUTTONS AND SWITCHES are back-lit as they should be and clearly visible (so you can see clearly where EVERYTHING is when driving at night time). The interior is an EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE AND A VERY NICE PLACE to be indeed. Take a look at the FULL CREAM LEATHER and you will only note only the very lightest signs of use…..really the LUXURY CREAM LEATHER SEATS with centre armrest are in EXCELLENT CONDITION AND LOOK SUPERB AS A COLOUR COMBINATION WITH THE CREAM LEATHER.
You will find that the roof lining and carpets are all in TOTALLY PERFECT CONDITION TOO! The boot is in clean, tidy, un-marked condition and a original first aid kit as standard!
In conclusion you really couldn’t ask any more from a car in this price range…. IT IS TOTALLY original!

There are LOADS & LOADS of extras on this car and here are just a few of them;

FULL CREAM LEATHER UPHOLSTERY
ELECTRIC SUNROOF
ELECTRIC SEATS 3 WAY
Power Steering
Central Locking.
Electric Windows (Both Front & Rear)
*PREMIUM * CD PLAYER
ELECTRIC AERIAL
Original Alloy Wheels
Centre Arm Rest and Storage Compartment
The car is finished in gorgeous ‘ORIGINAL SOLID GREEN’ MET PAINT which is a VERY NICE ‘CHAMPAGNE GREEN’ and it looks really ‘elegant’, light and fantastic. The paintwork is totally free from any scratches or any corrosion regular polishing and waxing by previous owner has ensured the brightness of the paintwork. Except as mentioned right at the start; In frank and simple terms there are quite simply NO MAJOR DENTS, SCRATCHES, SCRAPES OR SCUFFS to be found anywhere on this car at all. You will find a couple of very, very light marks such as stone chips etc from general wear and tear but that is all. I can assure you that the car is TOTALLY HPI CLEAR which can be supplied.
Just take a few minutes out to study the photographs and you will see that this is a VERY ATTRACTIVE and WELL PRESENTED car indeed. I would rate the exterior of this car as SIMPLY EXCELLENT for its age and mileage and I truthfully believe that you would be hard pressed to find one better for the money.

Please note that the car is supplied with a Original Spare Wheel and the original first aid kit, it has all the original Mercedes Benz invoices for all parts bought during the previous owner who kept it in this condition

In conclusion;
This is a SUPERB LUXURY ‘PRESTIGE’ SALOON with loads of really nice extras like FULL ELECTRIC 3 WAY LEATHER SEATS, ALL ELECTRICS, a proper headturner genuine car enthusiasts this is a car that you really can enjoy driving and then at the end of the day be proud to park on your drive and be the envy of your neighbours!!

With the further benefit of OF A MOT TO OCT 2013, AGO there is nothing left for you to do other than take it for a test drive, fall totally in love and drive off into the sunset!

With a totally ‘faultless’ drive, and NOT FORGETTING THIS IS A VERY WELL LOOKED AFTER MERCEDES BENZ 300SE AUTO this car is well suited for the retired businessman or classic car collector waiting to be ‘snapped up’ and needing a loving owner and some serious tlc.

Starting with NO RESERVE, I don’t think it will be ‘hanging around’ for long! Don’t hesitate or miss it as there will most certainly not be the chance to buy another like this at this price again!

The car is 100% HPi Clear and has never been written off, stolen and there is no finance outstanding etc.
Also the mileage is guaranteed. For our and your peace of mind I will provide the buyer with a full HPI certificate free of charge to show that this is correct!!

I PREFER IT IF YOU VIEW THE CAR BEFORE BUYING/BIDDING. (I prefer it as I am not trying to hide anything!) To view/drive please call to arrange on 07779933660. Any inspection or test drive is not only welcomed but is indeed expected. If however you feel you don’t need to, then please remember if you place an offer that is accepted or decide to click ‘buy it now’ you have BOUGHT THE CAR.

Please bear in mind that most of this advert is my 'opinion' (what else could it be??) and one thing is for certain...we are all different people with different opinions! I have tried very hard to provide you with as much detail as possible and every attempt has been made to ensure that this advert lists the correct specifications and that no important pieces of information have been left out. With that said unintentional mistakes can be made and for this reason and for your COMPLETE SATISFACTION I much prefer you to view the car first. If you have any specific questions or wish to clarify any of the things mentioned in this advert please call me on 07779933660 for the quickest response or use the eBay message system to send me your questionsJ

SERIOUS UK BIDDERS ONLY, NO TIME WASTERS PLEASE!!!

TERMS OF SALE PLEASE READ
FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT ALL CARS REMAIN FOR SALE UNTIL A DEPOSIT IS RECIEVED!

**Contact must be Made By The Winning Bidder IMMEDIATELY if bought using ‘buy it now’ and a Deposit Paid or within 24 hours of having a ‘best offer’ accepted (deposit may be required) or I reserve the right to sell the car to any other interested party or re-list it here on eBay**
**If you have feedback of 5 or less please call me before bidding/buying or your bid will be cancelled, the car will be relisted and you will be reported to eBay for failing to adhere to sellers terms**

Cash / Bank Transfer / Cleared Funds On or Before Collection Within THREE Days

I think the seller may have OCD

It might be a nice car, and you might buy it, if only you manage to stop the owner wittering on about it. Sounds like someone who talks way too much.

Blimey.. an optician can use that add for eye tests!

Complete waffle. There is some relevant information in the advert but only if you had the time to read it!

I like the bit about a worn tyre with the comment that maybe it needs renewing.

Cheap advert, maybe an expensive car in the long run to buy.

That is nuts - I could earn £1500 in the length of time it would take to write that advert. What were they thinking.

Err... how can a tank with 188BHP be described as powerful ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom